Future Scourge of War Title Ideas

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
BrigadierTzu
Reactions:

Future Scourge of War Title Ideas

Post by BrigadierTzu »

I've been doing alot of research and listening to lectures on the medeival period (90% of my military history knowledge revolves around the 18th and 19th centuries, and WW2), and then I saw a post talking about a medeival title idea. I wanted to narrow it down to the most climactic period, that being the Crusades. It's a period of history that has alot of history nerds (Nerd nation!) crowding around it. I think pitching a medeival period game would be too general, but a particular period like the Crusades would be best. Maybe the Scots against the British for their independence (I'm biased to that, my family descends from one of the bigger clans).

If NorbSoft did go the route of making a game based on melee combat, the one with the most profit potential is without a doubt going to be anything centered around the Romans. I'd say specifically Ceasar in Gaul, or Rome taking on the Carthiginians. Other periods could be Alexander's conquests, Greeks against the Persians. The possibilities are pretty much a dime a dozen, but being as NorbSoft's forte seems to be individual battles, there's no shortage of massive battles from the classical and medeival eras to fit that bill.
stonewalljackson
Reactions:

Re: Future Scourge of War Title Ideas

Post by stonewalljackson »

I said the same thing. A crusader period one would be great and would have a large following as well. I like your scots fight for Independence ideas as well.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".
northern newspaper about the death of stonewall jackson
1st Arks Btn.
Reactions:

Post by 1st Arks Btn. »

The area of Rome and the Medieval Era to boot has already been claimed by Total War. You can't make money against those guys with what they've come out with now, especially with their historical battles and campaigns context.

My thoughts would be to stick to a Civil War simulator. Bring SOW into the new era and make it prettier in particular.
stonewalljackson
Reactions:

Post by stonewalljackson »

I like the idea of a return to the civil war with the new mini campaign map. Bull run seems the best idea to me. But I dont think it matters what total war does as these are two separate fan basses. TW is for 13 year old arcade players and sow is for simulating real warfare.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".
northern newspaper about the death of stonewall jackson