Gettysburg 3 Days

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
MLandini
Reactions:

Gettysburg 3 Days

Post by MLandini »

Hello,

I am playing this Mod as Federal Commander. On day 3, Confederate troops appear out of blue at key objectives, namely Cemetery Hill. It does not make sense since these areas are adequately fortified and surrounded in several layers by Federal units. Also, there was no inkling or observation of any Confederate advancement to these objectives.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mike
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg 3 Days

Post by RebBugler »

Assuming that's one of my scenarios, that wasn't scripted. All new troops enter from the edge of the map and march to the battle as per historic circumstances. Also, in between days during the night sequences no troops are scripted to move or be relocated. All I can think of is that some Reb troops were moving to the objectives as nightfall occurred and were able to slip through your lines because the visibility during night sequences is 30 yards...Units must literally bump the enemy to engage, or to be seen by the player. Then, at daybreak, as the visibility increases, the enemy will suddenly "appear out of the blue", as you stated.

Still, if you think there are issues beyond this explanation attach a save here and I'll check it out. Note any mods played along with it. BTW, is this the 'New Ground' version?

Thanks for the report...
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MLandini
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg 3 Days

Post by MLandini »

Thanks.

Yes - it was Gettysburg New Ground. Interestingly, the objective was completely surrounded by Federal Troops and the Rebel units appeared well after daylight. I will get the exact time it occurred and revert back.