couriers

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
tonyscrase
Reactions:

couriers

Post by tonyscrase »

I was looking at the manual and it says in the orders section of the Couriers function. there are 2 options. "move 1 unit" and "move entire unit to ...." These should bring up the command map and the facility to choose a location on the command map.

I do not seem to have the 2 options and can therefore not use the command map to pick a destination location.

I am hoping someone can explain why the 2 options are missing

THANK YOU
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: couriers

Post by DarkRob »

I was looking at the manual and it says in the orders section of the Couriers function. there are 2 options. "move 1 unit" and "move entire unit to ...." These should bring up the command map and the facility to choose a location on the command map.

I do not seem to have the 2 options and can therefore not use the command map to pick a destination location.

I am hoping someone can explain why the 2 options are missing

THANK YOU
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. To move a single unit left click on the flag of the unit you wish to move to select it. Then you can open the command map by pressing "N" on your keyboard and clicking on a location on the map, the map will then close and the unit will begin moving to that location.(or if using couriers a courier will be dispatched to the unit and once the courier reaches the unit it will then begin moving)
You can also move a single unit by selecting the unit the same way I mentioned above and then right clicking on the battlefield itself. You can also hold down the right click button and move the mouse to adjust the units facing when it arrives at the destination.

Moving an entire unit refers to moving a whole command(a brigade or a division for example.)
Let use a brigade as an example. this works very similarly to moving a single unit except instead of clicking on a combat unit, you're going to click on the brigade commander.(If you're unsure of who the brigade commander is, simply select one of the units in the group of units you want to move, and then hit the up arrow on your keyboard, this will bring you right to the brigade commander.)

Once you have the brigade commander selected you can open the command map(again, the "N" key) and click on a location for the whole brigade to move to.(Note: Make sure all the commanders subordinate units are not TC'd. They will not respond to the command if TC'd. They must be under AI control)

You can also use the battlefield click method I mentioned above. Click on the brigade commander, select a location on the field by right clicking, hold right click to adjust the officers facing (the units facing will be the same as the commanders facing). This will get the officer moving. To get the whole brigade to move with his you just have to select a formation for the brigade(Line, Column by division etc etc)

I hope this helps.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyscrase
Reactions:

Re: couriers

Post by tonyscrase »

THAT'S GREAT THANK YOU