QB DLC incompatible with mods

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Saddletank
Reactions:

QB DLC incompatible with mods

Post by Saddletank »

Hi NSD.

Its become apparent in the last few days via new users of the KS Mod that the QB DLC contains a unitglobal.csv that needs to be used in MP games. This causes a conflict with any mod that also uses a unitglobal.csv since only 1 instance of this file is allowed in MP.

A lot of Steam users have apparently recently bought the DLC discounted bundle and we at the KS Mod site are getting a number of users who have this problem.

What is the fix please?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: QB DLC incompatible with mods

Post by Saddletank »

I have found out myself what the problem is. It is a quality control failure by whoever assembled the DLC - so probably a Matrix mistake.

The unitgobal.csv file should not be in the DLC. It contains only a 1-line entry for Marshal Ney and performs no function in the DLC at all.

I was suspicious about the problem because only the QB DLC causes the conflict - Ligny and Wavre do not.

I have raised the issue with Matrix and they are going to escalate the issue.

Can you guys at NSD co-ordinate with Matrix on this please?
Last edited by Saddletank on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

All I know is that was fixed on my end long ago. Why Matrix and Steam are releasing older versions is anyone's guess. Whether this gets fixed is also anyone's guess.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thanks Reb.

I've had a reply from Matrix who say the ball is in NSDs court to fix this. I can supply the PM from one of their tech support people if you wish to see it.

Your version makes sense and it seems a lack of comms higher up between NSD and Matrix is the problem. Or Matrix is the problem.

Can you get Norb or whoever is responsible to contact Matrix on this and advise them? That would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your quick response.
GeeDub
Reactions:

Post by GeeDub »

Was this ever resolved?

If not, can the unitglobal.csv file in question be renamed or replaced via mod installer?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake...