Need help with Windows 8

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
tank1915
Reactions:

Need help with Windows 8

Post by tank1915 »

So I have a new laptop that runs windows 8 out of the box. Specs blow all scourge of wars out of the water so I know my issue isnt that. First time I loaded it up I got the issue of no text on the menu. Now it wont even load it just crashes when I hit play on the launcher. I have it updated to the most recent patch, all my drivers are update, and I ran it in every compatibility mode from 95-7 with and without admin permissions. I was wondering if anyone had a simple fix that I have not thought of. Thanks in advance.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Need help with Windows 8

Post by Davinci »

Did you try launching the Game from the directory SOWGB.exe?

To put that another way - Not from the Desktop icon!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
tank1915
Reactions:

Post by tank1915 »

Yes I did that after I went through all the compats with the desktop icon. I re did everything I did with the launcher so as to not leave anything to chance
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Ten_Four:

Its been years since I have had Windows 8, but it seems like I remember something about "Not" Installing it into the standard directory, but directly into the x486 something.

If that makes sense!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!