Fredericksburg, Map Extention Needed.......

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
the reb
Reactions:

Fredericksburg, Map Extention Needed.......

Post by the reb »

Need a volenteer to take the one map in Chancellorsville that incorporates the town of Fredericksburg and add about a mile to the east of the Rappahannock so we can try to fight the Battle of Fredericksburg....That is if we can get the right SANDBOX action.....

Scenario Design Package Needed.....
the reb.....
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Fredericksburg, Map Extention Needed.......

Post by Little Powell »

Need a volenteer to take the one map in Chancellorsville that incorporates the town of Fredericksburg and add about a mile to the east of the Rappahannock so we can try to fight the Battle of Fredericksburg....That is if we can get the right SANDBOX action.....

Scenario Design Package Needed.....
the reb.....
Yeah, our Salem Church/Fredericksburg map would have to be slid over to the Southeast a mile or so to allow for the 1st battle of Fredericksburg. Something that really wouldn't require ton a of work.

Definitely something we could consider for a mini expansion, or even a mod by the community. Even though our base maps are off limits for major reconstruction by the mod team, we could probably make an exception for Fredericksburg. The problem with the 1st battle of Fredericksburg from a gaming standpoint is that it's nearly impossible to win as the Union. If slaughtering helpless Yankees is your bag however, then maybe it would be fun.. :laugh:
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

I wouldn't mind winning one.....

It's just a great map, a great layout, that I would like to see expanded to at at least, see the results. But then again, it's up to what the Sandbox will give us, assuming no one will actually do the scenario.....

Thank you for the reply.....

Scenario and Map Editor Package at $39.99, I'll buy one.....

This is a great game, but the game needs more scenarios or the ability to create scenarios. I can remember making scenarios (the what if) with the Talonsoft and then the HPS Games, just to see how they turn out...lot's of fun and fun to share.

Later,
the reb....
Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Will any of the current Napoleonic mods in SOW be transferable/ usable in the new extension? Also, will Waterloo be separate from SOW ACW or will it be an extension of it?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I doubt the current Napoleonic mods will not be directly transferable, but probably could be made to work with adjustments.

Waterloo will be a completely separate, whole new game.
Calvin809
Reactions:

Post by Calvin809 »

You would really have to model the south part of the battle well for the first battle of Fredricksburg. That's where the back and forth took place. For the north part you could creat enough of a map to allow a different plan of attack that doesn't include a frontal assault. There were reinforcements that helped out on the confederate side during the north battle at the wall because the confederates started running out of ammo. The confederate commanders (Longstreet I think)were also concerned about the position at the stone wall being too far forward and weak on the flanks. There could be interesting possibilities for scenarios.
noonanda
Reactions:

Post by noonanda »

so did anything ever happen on this? was getting ready to build a Fredericksburg OOB, but if there has been nothing done on this it might be a moot point
Amateur Relic Hunter, History Nut, Retired US Marine