Taking the time to use Handbrake for proper Video Compression for YouTube. (PC, and MAC) (Video Tutorial Included)

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Taking the time to use Handbrake for proper Video Compression for YouTube. (PC, and MAC) (Video Tutorial Included)

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Since I am becoming more, and more of a Youtube nut, and I was noticing and suffering from large uploads which sometimes could be in the 4 hour range. Just the other day I came across a person who knew far more about producing high quality videos, and told me about a program called "Handbrake" which compresses any video to the point where you no longer have to suffer hurtful, brain damaging upload times like I was experiencing.

First the Download Link, now I will be posting a link to the main website, but for some reason or other the download link to Github is no longer working, but you can grab the latest version from C-Net (link will be posted as well for you).

Okay before I do start posting links, there is a video which will help you know exactly what settings which are required for PC Users, and MAC users because if you do not follow these settings, you will have problems, but once you have all the settings correct you will have your movie files will be so much smaller, and easier to upload. For example, I had a recording once converted over (windows live movie editor) which turned out to be a wee bit above 600 megs. When I used Handbrake, the movie file was now compressed to a mere 225megs which I can handle.

Okay enough about that, now for the links...

Handbrakes Main Website: http://handbrake.fr/
Alternate Download Link: http://download.cnet.com/HandBrake/3000 ... 08250.html
(Note: No need to download any addon's from C-Net if you don't require them, I never do).

[VERY Helpful Video]

Enjoy!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Taking the time to use Handbrake for proper Video Compression for YouTube. (PC, and MAC) (Video Tutorial Included)

Here is an example of how great this program actually is, and how well it does video compression.

I recorded a gam called "Amensia", and I am about to upload it to Youtube.

The attachment example.PNG is no longer available
Attachments
example.PNG
example.PNG (21.36 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
okie1211
Reactions:

Re: Taking the time to use Handbrake for proper Video Compression for YouTube. (PC, and MAC) (Video Tutorial Included)

Post by okie1211 »

great.
I keep HandBrake, AppGeeker converter installed to cover all bases and maximize my options when more than one converter can handle the job.
Both of them offer a reasonable range of conversion options, works like a charm.
Last edited by okie1211 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

great.
I keep HandBrake,AppGeeker FLV MOV converter installed to cover all bases and maximize my options when more than one converter can handle the job.
Both of them offer a reasonable range of conversion options, works like a charm.
It's a pretty good compression util. I have seen files sizes ranging from 10 gig be brought down under 100 meg (depending on compression settings).

:)
petercool
Reactions:

Post by petercool »

Handbrake is free but it's not the best one. I prefer to use Video Converter Assist.
mxffiles
Reactions:

Post by mxffiles »

Handbrake is free but it's not the best one. I prefer to use Video Converter Assist.
I'd tend to use mxf converter one software more fuctions.