Any one playing the French side Won yet

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Any one playing the French side Won yet

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Any one playing the French side Won yet?
I am referring to the Battle of Waterloo :whistle:
Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There will always be a counter argument!
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Re: Any one playing the French side Won yet

Post by Awld Hooky »

Hi Braxton, I won the Waterloo battle as France :) Quite convincingly to be honest. I started the list of battles sort of backwards because I wanted to see how the game looked, so fought the BofW before the others. Scored around 98,000, easily achieving the promotion level, but I have to admit I didn't use the frontal tactic that Napoleon failed with (I won't tell you how I attacked so I don't spoil the challenge for you) :P . But I have to say I found the full BofW easier than some of the smaller engagements. The last one I need is 09(Napoleons Finale), but I'm struggling with it, I've won a major victory at it but well short of the 10,000 promotion score and I think I'll struggle to keep attempting it, what with the ridge lined with artillery, the enemy Infantry that just wanders into your units setting off a massed melee that causes your units to retreat half a mile back to their own lines, the fact that your'e facing vast numbers of enemy with only 12,000 men and a promotion score the same as the main battle but with more than 6x less men to achieve the almost impossible I presume. I'll take the main battle over the rest any day. Hope you have since achieved the victory also since you posted this :cheer:
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Thanks for the comment, the only way I can get close to victory is by attacking the British left flank
I wont spoil it for others by telling you which forces i used :woohoo:
Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: missed out the the
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Excellent Braxton, Congratulations :) Whilst you have revealed your success I will add that my victory came about from the overwhelming attack from the left flank (The Allies right). It was quite the fight and got very bogged down but it was only nightfall that stopped me sweeping along the ridge with the forces I held in reserve (mostly the Elite regiments). I'll also correct what I said about only needing the French 09 battle, I have barely begun the Allied battles, achieved one battle victory and am presently enjoying the full battle as the coalition and oh what a battle has begun :) The Quatre Bras battles are almost complete also and QB04 had taken me days to complete, it literally had me on the edge of my seat constantly and came so close so many times, but eventually the tide and knowledge and experience led me to gain the MV, a stunning battle, a stunning game :cheer: I've not played anything else since purchasing it :)
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

So by 16.00 hours Wellington is smashed.
Now should I await Blucher and turn on him..........or march to Brussels??

:P
Attachments
VictoryCapture.JPG
VictoryCapture.JPG (372.76 KiB) Viewed 258 times
VicCapture.JPG
VicCapture.JPG (194.72 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Well done Sir :) I think it would only be polite to say "Bon après-midi maréchal de campagne" lol But sadly it wont be Blucher who you confront first. I so "humbugged" the Allies in my battle that the Prussian advance guard marched to Plancenoit and there they stayed twiddling their thumbs whilst Wellingtons force disintegrated in chaos :P Either way you decide to approach it I wish you "bonne chance"
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Maréchal Hooky, What of Grouchy???? If Blucher sits pretty at Plancenoit Cannot Grouchy hit Blucher?
Does the AI not Direct Blucher???
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

"Where is Grouchy".."Where is Grouchy" ?? I need those men !! It's a very good question :dry: I was hoping he and his 30,000 men would arrive as a twist to the story but it was in vain. Only the devs or the forum users who have played the game longer can enlighten us with the whereabouts of Maréchal Grouchy, but I suspect he is still chasing shadows on the right wing :ohmy: Rebbugler informed me of a twist in the QB05 Battle so maybe, just maybe their is something lurking in the background, "That would be fun"

What I'd really like to know though is "Where is Lieutenant Colonel Gordon" ?? He seems to be absent without leave !!
Jace11
Reactions:

Post by Jace11 »

Looking at the battlescript for WL 10 scenario, the Grouchy event (which always fires) has 5 possible outcomes.

He arrives at 15:30, 16:30, 16:35, 17:30, or not at all...

That's an 80% chance of him turning up!!!

If he does arrive, its Vandamme's, Pajol's and Exelman's Corps that actually show up.
Last edited by Jace11 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Thanks Jace 11 that is exactly the information I was hoping to hear and with that knowledge I shall be attempting WL10 France until I get the twist to the story. I have been stuck on WL09 France for some time but I finally smashed it so apart from the Ligny battles I am almost complete and free to replay all these great scenarios :) Brilliant..Just brilliant. Thanks, your reply is very much appreciated