Chickamauga

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Re: Chickamauga

Post by charlesobscure »

This is excellent! So is this mod now complete, or are there more additions to come?

Thank you so much!!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

This is excellent! So is this mod now complete, or are there more additions to come?

Thank you so much!!
Much Appreciated! :)

Working on the final day, September 20th, 1863.

Once this day is covered the Carryover Series will be complete. However, it won't be done till I play through it completely, both sides, and make final edits.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

Great - thank you so much! It's great to see some Western Theater battles, and I really appreciate all the hard work.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update, new scenario:
Unzip and copy to the scenarios folder
The attachment CHI07-Morningofthe20thC-Army.zip is no longer available
At last, ya get to wield the whole Army of the Tennessee, albeit in stages - Bragg's poorly organized attack en echelon. But you General, can set it straight and right Bragg's wrongs, by steering the army to a much better outcome.

This one's a humdinger folks. Completed it a couple of weeks ago and just last night got my Major Victory of 17,252, after at least a half dozen plays, all of which were Major Defeats. Of course I tweaked stuff along the play testing route but it still boiled down to finding the best strategy to make the best of the historic limitations and high tide stands you're given.

By the way, I test all these scenarios without the carryover numbers, and for those that want to play them likewise simply adjust the pertinent line in the scenario.ini file (semi-colon ; in front or delete).
Attachments
CHI07-Morningofthe20thC-Army.zip
(38.92 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thanks RebBugler.....Downloading and plan to be Mr Bragg today.....
the Reb
simovitch
Reactions:

Post by simovitch »

I cant seem to get close to any sort of victory with the Union in "Three Bridges". So I checked the points allocation in the maplocations file and it seems pretty heavily stacked against the Union player. Anyone else notice this?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I cant seem to get close to any sort of victory with the Union in "Three Bridges". So I checked the points allocation in the maplocations file and it seems pretty heavily stacked against the Union player. Anyone else notice this?
Guess no one noticed, and just figured it out and won it, as I did before I released it. Keys to winning are delay the Rebels' progress to your bridge objective positions and most urgently get your troops safely to your 'Retreat To' objective before they are overwhelmed.

Thanks for reporting this concern. This is a tough scenario by the 'odds against you' factor alone. Add in the necessity for a 'safely executed retreat', and it's a guaranteed challenge.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update, new scenario:
Unzip and copy to the scenarios folder
The attachment CHI08-Morningofthe20thU-Army.zip is no longer available
Almost didn't design this one as is because it's the beginning of the Union rout. I was strongly considering doing a full last day Union scenario and just be done with it to avoid some difficult decisions on what merits a Major Victory. Glad I didn't because I think this scenario worked out well, at least I enjoy playing it, and it sticks to the battle historically while providing for feasible Major Victory circumstances. So fear not Yankee generals, while at times as you watch helplessly when your troops are fleeing the field, you still can reach that Major Victory bar by re-establishing battle lines and holding back that continuous Gray Tide, IF YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS.

Main download updated through this scenario, first post.

FYI, I test all these scenarios without the carryover numbers, and for those that want to play them likewise simply adjust the pertinent line in the scenario.ini file (place a semi-colon ; in front of the 'CarryOverFrom=...' line).
Attachments
CHI08-Morningofthe20thU-Army.zip
(41.11 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I love this, so much so that I've had a new dabble in the old game - lot'sa life in it yet!

On the road to getting a nice tree balance hopefully. ;)
Attachments
Tresst.jpg
Tresst.jpg (306.65 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I love this, so much so that I've had a new dabble in the old game - lot'sa life in it yet!

On the road to getting a nice tree balance hopefully. ;)

The attachment Tresst_2017-03-10.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Tresst_2017-03-10.jpg
Tresst_2017-03-10.jpg (306.65 KiB) Viewed 178 times