Scenario Editor - Always French?

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
rschilla
Reactions:

Scenario Editor - Always French?

Post by rschilla »

I have not been able to figure out how to design a scenario so that I can play as the Allied side. The manual gives a lucid explanation of how to create a scenario for the French but I simply can't figure out how to make the Allies be the active side. Any hints?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Scenario Editor - Always French?

Post by Saddletank »

Last edited by Saddletank on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jace11
Reactions:

Post by Jace11 »

I think it's this part in the scenario.ini

[rank]
cmdlvl1=2
cmdlvl2=1
cmdlvl3=0
cmdlvl4=0
cmdlvl5=0
cmdlvl6=0

cmdlvl1= 1 for FRENCH, 2 for ALLIES (I'm not sure if this is always like this though, it might reverse if you build your own OOB with allies first).
cmdlvl2= Army #
cmdlvl3= Corps #
cmdlvl4= Division #
cmdlvl5= Brigade #
cmdlvl6= unit #

Best to check the scenario.csv which contains these indexes for each unit in the game, find the one you want to control in the scenario and put those values in the section of the scenario.ini that I mentioned above.
rschilla
Reactions:

Post by rschilla »

I stumbled on the answer. It said to look for the comdr box but I did not see anything with that label. I finally did figure out that the box was NOT labeled at all.

D'uh.
Jace11
Reactions:

Post by Jace11 »

That's well spotted, - I'd not noticed it before, it's the orange colored box next to the scenario start time. So that's the commander name huh? Apparently you can also set the commander name in the editor by selecting an officer and clicking "scenario" above the map, which then gives the option to "assign selected as player" .... so no need to manually edit text files - which is nice. It's all in the help text in the actual editor which I'd never read till now.
Last edited by Jace11 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.