Skirmish at Kern's Farm

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here.
mobutu
Reactions:

Skirmish at Kern's Farm

Post by mobutu »

There is currently a TC2M Campaign simulation happening that has Gfran64 as, Brigadier General Frederick W. Lander, facing off against scottishsoldier, as Major General Thomas J. Jackson. It is essentially a "what if" campaign scenario based on the second half of the Romney Campaign (January 1862).

The first engagement of the simulation was between cavalry at a picket post outside of Romney and a brief after action report can be seen here: Skirmish at Kern's Farm
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Skirmish at Kern's Farm

Post by Martin James »

That looks like fun. Thanks.

I was interested to see that there are still some TC2M sprites which haven't been ported over to GB. In particular some Union cavalry which I haven't seen before. Has anyone any suggestions of how this could be done?

Martin (J)
mobutu
Reactions:

Post by mobutu »

That looks like fun. Thanks.

I was interested to see that there are still some TC2M sprites which haven't been ported over to GB. In particular some Union cavalry which I haven't seen before. Has anyone any suggestions of how this could be done?

Martin (J)
Hi Martin,

The cavalry I am using in THE WINTER WAR simulation aren't actually new sprites. They just mix the standard cavalry sprites and greatcoat mod sprites by making some new entries in the unitsprites and unitcommon files.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Thanks for response. I've seen the greatcoats sprites before, but the ones that are new to me are those guys in tunics. From what I can see there are 4 of them:

* Union officer in blue
* Union trooper in blue with kepi
* Confederate officer in pale butternut
* Confederate trooper in pale butternut with kepi

I assume these were made for TC2M and are probably several years old, but they are very nice sprites indeed, and I would like to use them in GB. I assume they will need re-packing though. Can you send me that files please and I will ask a friend to re-pack them and then add them to the GB Additional ACW Flags & Sprites Mod.

Hope that makes sense :)

Martin (J)
Last edited by Martin James on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.