Dropping all of a sudden

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
mike1984
Reactions:

Dropping all of a sudden

Post by mike1984 »

I haven't dropped from a GCM game in months. Now, the last 3 games I've dropped.

What are some things I should try looking at to figure out the cause?

Thanks in advance.
exp101
Reactions:

Re: Dropping all of a sudden

Post by exp101 »

First place to start: Do you also drop from TS at the same time? If so, likely a connection issue. If not, perhaps something in the game is corrupted. Have you made any changes to your system lately?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Also check your log file directly after a drop, it often contains a clue.

If you haven't rebooted your modem and router in a while (assuming you have them for internet access) it may be a good time to do that as well.
1ongstreet
Reactions:

Post by 1ongstreet »

Also just to clarify, is the game crashing completely to desktop or are you just loosing connection/stars but staying in-game?
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

Connection. SOW continues to run the game. And I only 1 of 3 drops did I lose all internet connection (like TS disconnecting too). 2 of the drops were SOW game Internet connection only.

Also, the first 2 drops were in consecutive games, I think Palmer was host. And I dropped in the first 10 minutes of the game.

The third drop, on a different day and EJ as host, didn't happen until 80+ minutes into the game. And I didn't lose TS connection on that.
Last edited by mike1984 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

the first 2 drops were in consecutive games, I think Palmer was host. And I dropped in the first 10 minutes of the game.
If those 2 games were on the same day or very close after each other that looks like a dodgy node in the interweb somewhere between you and the host on that particular day. I wouldn't worry about these drops at all.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
1ongstreet
Reactions:

Post by 1ongstreet »

If all else fails contact your provider, if they don't have a monopoly in your area they can usually be pretty helpful. They'll at least let you know if its some kind of issue they're having on their end and how long before they can fix it. (at least they did when my internet has randomly gone to sh*t in the past)
Last edited by 1ongstreet on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

If it was a fundamental problem or corruption of the game install, I don't think you'd be able to stay in games as long as you have. Sounds more and more like hiccups in your IP's service.
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

No drop last night. Hopefully that's the end of it. Thanks guys.