Corps v Corps Sandbox

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Imspartacus
Reactions:

Corps v Corps Sandbox

Post by Imspartacus »

The issue is that before I installed QB with the necessary patches if you played Corps v Corps sandbox both armies would start in their own discreet corners of the map, now at the start each division in the Corps is evenly spread out along a central line running the length of the map no matter what type of battle you choose. Engagements take place all at once across a wide area. This makes it a nightmare to try and manage a large force and seems to have broken some of the battle styles like Attack and Line of Sight for Corps level anyway. Divison v Division is ok as the two just start randomly on this new start line somewhere.

If you play Attack the AI is not defending an objective but once again evenly spread out along the centre of the map and often in direct contact with your forces right from the start.

Please return to the old setup where armies were more bunched and organised.
the reb
Reactions:

Re: Corps v Corps Sandbox

Post by the reb »

This particular fault issue has gained some interest lately. If this was fixed, American Civil War Sandbox play would be more enjoyable. Not sure what they do in Nap....This is a "great game" and maybe "they" could find the time to fix this. I play hunt them down where there is army separation.

Keep playing....
the reb
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

The issue is that before I installed QB with the necessary patches if you played Corps v Corps sandbox both armies would start in their own discreet corners of the map, now at the start each division in the Corps is evenly spread out along a central line running the length of the map no matter what type of battle you choose. Engagements take place all at once across a wide area. This makes it a nightmare to try and manage a large force and seems to have broken some of the battle styles like Attack and Line of Sight for Corps level anyway. Divison v Division is ok as the two just start randomly on this new start line somewhere.

If you play Attack the AI is not defending an objective but once again evenly spread out along the centre of the map and often in direct contact with your forces right from the start.

Please return to the old setup where armies were more bunched and organised.
I'm not seeing it when I try and repicate - are you using any mods? I just tried attack, defend and hunt them down with a corps v corps in sandbox and the two sides were spread out in either side of the map each time.
Imspartacus
Reactions:

Post by Imspartacus »

Thanks for having a look for me, the only mod I use is the Grog toolbar and play with sandbox Br_Cav OOB.

Try an Attack Corps v Corps on any map with one objective. I travel towards the objective thinking I'll find the AI organised and defending the position but instead their divisions are scattered around the map and often travelling to some destination away from the objective. This seems to happen of most game types.