Rag-Tag-CSA-Army

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Rag-Tag-CSA-Army

Post by Martin James »

Glad you got it working, Ferragus.

Please make a note of any errors you see, and let me know.

Have stuck with the flag elevation as in the stock game, but it's partly just personal preference.

One of the things I've tried to do is bring out the changing appearance of the various armies during the war. In 1861 the troops were newly-raised, and at Manassas their uniforms were probably still fairly smart. But several regiments on each side were based on pre-existing militia units with a variety of uniform colours. Several Union militia outfits actually wore grey at this time!

By 1862-3 the Union armies had a much more uniform appearance, albeit often a less smart one. The Confederates OTOH were by now experiencing great difficulty in clothing their troops.

By 1864 the Confederates had developed better sources of clothing, including imports of good quality cloth, and their armies were beginning to attain a more uniform appearance. This excludes the Trans Mississippi, which was always last in line for almost everything....

The mod tries to reflect these changes. Look for 1862-3 scenarios for the max rag-tag look :) .

Martin (J)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

- Flags are not on ground level like the ones on the pictures above, but rather as they usually are.
- The formations are also not so "unsmartly" dressed as shown on the picures also.
Martin James - has done the hard part so here is an amended drills file that spreads out the fighting formation a little bit more.

Make a copy of the original drills file so as this one doesn't overwrite it.

The height of the flags are controlled by the gfx file that is located in the Logistic's folder.

Search under the Column of Levitate , I think that most of My settings are around 110 - 120 .

You can find the names of the flags by searching the OOB's . I would also make a copy of the gfx before amending that file.

davinci
Attachments
drills_2016-03-11.rar
(7.31 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by Davinci on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Thanks Davinci. I'm going to try your new drills myself :)

Martin (J)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks Davinci. I'm going to try your new drills myself :)
Martin - it will slightly spread out the units once they start firing their muskets. Some of the units will also slightly change their angle while firing as if the target is to their right or left.
The attachment 1_2016-03-11.jpg is no longer available
Also - Thanks for the Help in posting your Mod!

davinci
Attachments
1_2016-03-11.jpg
1_2016-03-11.jpg (238.8 KiB) Viewed 306 times
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Martin - your link above is broken. Is there a more recent version of your mod?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Here's the most recent published version 1.48 of the Additional ACW Flags & Sprites Mod https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzhumh8qwcgnr ... 8.zip?dl=0

It features a wide variety of flags, uniforms and OOBs for various time periods and theatres. Flags are by RebBugler and Crikey. Sprites from Davinci, Zeke, Pom & Crikey.

My grateful thanks to all five gentlemen for their good work, their general helpfulness, and also for letting me plagiarise their stuff. A special mention for MTG who has kindly packed the TCM2 sprites so that they can be used in MP games.

A small team is currently working on a new expansion, which will feature the ACW in the Indian Territory, with a new map and sprites to cover that little known aspect of the war.

Martin (J)
9thBtnMOS
Reactions:

Post by 9thBtnMOS »

This looks like a great addition to this game. I'm still trying to get as much use of it as I can. I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I placed it in the mods folder and highlighted it while disabling all other mods. The game crashes when I hit sandbox. I'm hoping I'm missing something easy. Thanks
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Hi 9thBtnMOS

Can you email me your logfile for a crashed game please? You can find that in the Work subfolder.

I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Martin (J)
9thBtnMOS
Reactions:

Post by 9thBtnMOS »

All is well. I accidentally played with an OOB from a different mod. The mod works and looks great. Thanks for the help Martin.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Hi, Martin.

Since I do not have a Dropbox account, any other way for you to send Version 1.48 for the game?

Thanks

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade