What is the meaning of the copper-colored Victory Objective icons? Also, what's up with TC2M?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

What is the meaning of the copper-colored Victory Objective icons? Also, what's up with TC2M?

Post by Jean Lafitte »

These copper colored icons don't appear in SoW Waterloo, and they aren't explained in the SoW Gettysburg manual. I hate to start a thread to ask for an answer to this question, so, I'll ask another question -->

I re installed Take Command 2nd Manassas today to re-visit it after about five years of not playing it. Gettysburg is such an improvement that I wonder whether folks still play TC2M? I tried the Longstreet's Attack scenario and it is much more easy to handle large bodies of troops in Gettysburg than with TC2M. Reb's Grog Toolbar is a big part of the reason why Gettysburg allows easier troop handling. I looked on the Mad Minute website but didn't find any Toolbar mod for TC2M.

I'm surprised that nobody has used the TC2M maps to make 2nd Manassas mods with the Gettysburg engine.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: What is the meaning of the copper-colored Victory Objective icons? Also, what's up with TC2M?

Post by Saddletank »

There is a Bull Run map for Gettysburg that covers the battlefields of both 1st and 2nd Manassas. I don't know if there are OOBs for the two battles but I'd be surprised if there are not.

I think the copper coloured icons highlight units under your command. I say "I think" because I always disable them by selecting the "hide unit flags" button in Options so I haven't seen them in years ;) I find them a distraction that breaks the immersion.
Last edited by Saddletank on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Re: What is the meaning of the copper-colored Victory Objective icons? Also, what's up with TC2M?

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I failed to communicate clearly. Let me re-phrase. The copper colored icons are designating Victory Objective locations, rather than units. These are the Victory Objectives that turn colors once they are occupied.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

RebBugler informs me that the Bronze Victory Objective icons represent HOLD objectives, rather than WAYPOINT objectives.