Is there a way to fire double canister in scourge of war?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Is there a way to fire double canister in scourge of war?

Post by Irish Brigade »

Is there a way to fire double canister shot in the game? It would be very effective when the enemy is trying to storm my pieces in various scenarios such as in the Chancellorsville scenarios Fear Was Upon Us and Midnight Pandemonium. (I always start this scenario by moving up one or two pieces of artillery up into canister range since visibility at night in this scenario only allows canister fire and I make sure they are slightly out of rifle range. This routes a South Carolinian regiment and allows for a charge at the weakened position by the division that storms enemy batteries and outflanks individual regiments.) Canister is one of the most effective weapons at breaking up assaults and even buying time for your reinforcements to reach the guns.
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Is there a way to fire double canister in scourge of war?

Post by Jim »

Not as an explicit ammo type. There is a partially effective tweak in the existing canister code that leads to more increased casualties at very short ranges.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Post by Irish Brigade »

Thanks!

I was also wondering if the shells in Scourge of War Gettysburg for the Confederate artillery simulate the problem the new and different fuses had caused during the Gettysburg campaign. It seems that I can never do as well with the Confederate artillery at Gettysburg as I can while commanding the Federal artillery. And if the fuses are bad, which ammo types for artillery are effective then for the Confederates?
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Yes the poor QC for the confederate shell and shrapnel are included in the game. Solid and canister are equally effective for both sides.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863