Update file missing

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Update file missing

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

I just went in belatedly to install the patch only to be told that "update.exe" cannot be found.

To save me downloading the whole Waterloo thing again, can someone send me a copy of this file and tell me where it has to be inserted ?

Assuming it is not too big of course.. The Gettysburg update.exe was about 450 kB.

Geoff Laver
Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Re: Update file missing

Post by Jacquinot »

Last edited by Jacquinot on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The patch #2 file is called: SOWWLPatch2.exe of a size of 37 MB and should be located wherever you have your downloads set to arrive, the default is C:\Users\[name]\Downloads. There is no separate file called update.exe as far as I know.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't even get the file downloaded.

I got this response when clicking 'check for updates' on the Waterloo opening screen.

Geoff Laver
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Is very strange in your installation the updater is not present, is part of files Matrix added. when it creates the installer. Anyway the patch is also here http://www.matrixgames.com/products/574/downloads/
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Hi Mitra 76,

Yes indeed. The absence puzzled me too. I did a manual search also of all the Waterloo files and could not find it either. But this is Zimbabwe ..... if anything can go wrong, it will.

Thanks very much for the alternative link. I will try it a bit later in the day.

Geoff Laver

Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Very odd, I checked my Matrix install and there are an update.exe and update.dat in the main game directory, in my case: G:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War Waterloo.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863