Steam info please!

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
redcoat
Reactions:

Re: Steam info please!

Post by redcoat »

i wouldnt dream of demanding anything by way of distribution. but if you can give the customer a choice i.e steam or not steam,that would be preferable.
Thank You Sir!

For those that are demanding that SOWWL be released via Steam aren't thinking through this. Why would Matrix Games share their profits off SOWWL sales when the game is selling well already through Matrix? Of course, we at NSD are also hoping for this, the success of the game that is, and thus keeping a better profit margin for us also. :)

Sure, it's better to offer the customer more options for purchase, and this is the plan, EVENTUALLY, with Steam being the first 3rd party option.

Personally, Steam would never be an option of purchase for me. I live in backwoods Arkansas, and although I do have a DSL connection, it tends to be slow and shaky much of the time. Like many rural folks, Steam gaming is prohibitive because it's downright useless. And like someone mentioned already, NSD strives to handle mods and mod distribution 'in-house', we don't even rely on 3rd party solutions which I understand to be buggy at best.

Bottom line, Matrix Games is our distributor, we are in their family, and all decisions of distribution rest completely with them.
you are welcome sir.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I fully expect that someday the game will be available on Steam. I doubt any time soon as there are other things we are working on and some of the things we do will causes issues with a steam release. But I use Steam myself and would love to see our games on there someday.
Xaver
Reactions:

Post by Xaver »

Ummm last releases in Matrix/Slitherine try move to Steam or at same time with release or later... i dont find here a great problem in the moment they can do like in other matrix games and give owners a steam key to activate game in steam.
"Vivire militare est" Séneca

(Life is fight)
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

YOWZAH! :woohoo:
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

as long as its not exclusive to steam,thats fine.
modifish
Reactions:

Post by modifish »

Seems like a good idea to me. Should give nice exposure to a lot of folks who would never know of this type of game. Won't be everyone's cup of tea and there will probably be some ignorant comments on steam about graphics and difficulty, but not everyone who uses steam is a dimwitted knuckledragger...maybe you can add goatpolean or I am breadbiscuit mods for those types...
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

Seems like a good idea to me. Should give nice exposure to a lot of folks who would never know of this type of game. Won't be everyone's cup of tea and there will probably be some ignorant comments on steam about graphics and difficulty, but not everyone who uses steam is a dimwitted knuckledragger...maybe you can add goatpolean or I am breadbiscuit mods for those types...
For the kiddies Matrix should release Napoleon Zombie Army III .... :laugh: :sick: