Kriegsspiel Matters

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Kriegsspiel Matters

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Query No 1 regarding Kriegsspiel.

The folder “GB Isl Files” which is generated on the Supplemental Maps Download.

Does this file generate a separate Mod in its own right or is the additional map data somehow to be incorporated into the main Supplemental Maps Mod.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majestey's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Re: Kriegsspiel Matters

Post by Gran Capitán »

It is the second option, additional data, but you need to manually copy those .lsl files from the GB game.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Query No 2 regarding Kriegsspiel.

This is the SOWWL log file for a recent crash. The game never actually started.

It would seem on inspection that there was a problem with Language Tags, whatever they are, and a whole plethora of problems with Sprites and Textures, presumably from the 'graphics' file.

Help. I am having trouble uploading the log file to you. I tried the original ".log" file then I saved the content as a ".txt file" but cannot get either accepted below as an "added file"
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Gran Kapitan

Yes I copied all of the files from the GB game as instructed. But where do I now drop the GB Isl file in the Supplemental Maps file structure ??

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot

Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Query No 3 on Kriegsspiel

I have found the text and icons on the GUI bar in Kriegsspiel so small that I cannot even read them, let alone use them. Not the best time to reach for a magnifying glass when the Cossacks are charging.

I have substituted the Grog bar. It seems to work OK but would there be resulting problems that I do not know about ?

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.

Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

drop the GB Isl file
It is not .lsl file, is Gburg.bmp file that goes in Mods/KS SOW Supplemental Maps108/Maps folder. From the Gb game Base/Maps folder.

The Gburg.lsl file goes with the rest to the GB lsl Files folder.
for a recent crash. The game never actually started.
With the KS mod just play the maps that start with a country name.
Last edited by Gran Capitán on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I have found the text and icons on the GUI bar in Kriegsspiel so small that I cannot even read them, let alone use them.
You must be using an old version of the mod, (1.0-1.02). The current version is 1.08.
It would seem on inspection that there was a problem with Language Tags, whatever they are, and a whole plethora of problems with Sprites and Textures, presumably from the 'graphics' file
This also indicates you've got an older version of the KS mod and newer versions of the sprites and maps mods. The most current versions of the mods are; KS Sprites mod 1.01, KS Supplemental Maps 1.08 and KS Napoleon Mod 1.08.
But where do I now drop the GB Isl file in the Supplemental Maps file structure ??
GB lsl Files is just another mod. Place it in the Mods folder and then select it in the Modifications screen.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Hi MTG

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry. I confirm having the 1.08 version of both the Kriegsspiel Basic Mod and the Supplementary Maps Mod. I loaded them down only a week ago. I remember it well ...... took me three whole nights on my slow satellite link !

I understand that only those maps with a name beginning with a country can be used.

I have just tried a sandbox that seemed to meet all the rules yet still crashed.(Waterloo has stopped working) The strange thing is that somegames have started OK and equally I can't see why.

The forum will not accept my SOWWL Log as am upload so I have extracted a few relevant sections into the main text of this post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sandbox Game
OOB Chosen OOB_SB_KS_NAP__Peninsular_Full
Commander Chosen Lt General Sir John Moore
Map Chosen Spain Pipe Creek 1

Launched a Sandbox Game. Corps v Corps, Hunt them Down

RESULT CRASH before starting "Waterloo has stopped working"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Game Launched
15:26:39 Version:SOWWL
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 108
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps108
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\Graphics
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\GB lsl Files
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\Toolbar Expanded - Grog
15:26:46 Ansi:16, TexH:16384, TexW:16384
15:26:46 SowWL Loaded
15:26:46 15:26:46
15:30:33 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 108
15:30:33 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps108
15:30:33 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\Graphics
15:30:33 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\GB lsl Files
15:30:33 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\Toolbar Expanded - Grog
15:30:33 Loading SandBox
15:30:33 Load your muskets...
15:30:33 15:30:33
15:30:33 Loading SandBox
15:30:33 Loading Map (Nap_Spain_PCL1)
06:00:00 Loading Graphics
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
06:00:00 ERROR: unknown packed sprite AUS_GENERALD
THEN PAGES AND PAGES LIKE THE ONE ABOVE
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then Some successful Loads
06:00:00 Texture file not found NAME:GFX_BURST_SOLID_NAP at PATH: FILE:CANNON_HIT.DDS
06:00:00 Could not load sprite GFX_Burst_Solid_NAP at Graphics\Effects\
06:00:00 ----------------loading: FR_GENERAL_WALK
06:00:00 Texture file not found NAME:FR_GENERAL_WALK at PATH: FILE:FR_GENERALW
06:00:00 Could not load sprite FR_GENERAL_WALK at Graphics\Units\
THEN PAGES AND PAGES LIKE THE ONE JUST ABOVE

06:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_Tree_3
06:00:00 Drafting Chain of Command
06:00:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander Marechal Auguste de Marmont

FINALLY ENDING UP WITH THIS
06:00:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander Lt Gen Sir John Moore
06:00:00 Loading Battle Events
06:00:00 SowWL Level Loaded...
06:00:00 15:30:50
I thought the Graphics file might have loaded down corrupt. But surely not enough to invalidate virtually every record >

Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 108
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps108
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\Graphics
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\GB lsl Files
15:26:46 Mod: J:\WATERLOO\Mods\Toolbar Expanded - Grog
Geoff - Disable the Grog toolbar mod and the Graphics mod. The Grog toolbar especially will conflict and could even be the source of the crash. Everything useful from the Grog toolbar mod is now included in the KS Mod anyway, so if you ONLY play using the KS Mod you won't need the Grog toolbar mod.

KS Sprites 101 mod isn't enabled. That will be why you are getting lots of missing sprite errors.

In order to use Gettysburg map add-ons that were originally sold by NSD (like Pipe Creek - also Antietam, Brandy Station, Chancellorsville) you must have that add-on in your Gettysburg folder, so if you don't own Pipe Creek you can't use the maps even though they are listed in the mods map list.

We had to do this with the WL KS mod because we cannot let people play on those maps without having legally purchased them. It's just a fact that our group uses them a lot and we all own all the add-ons so porting them over to the WL version of the KS mod was a priority for us and we needed it to be able to handle them. Other players such as yourself who may not have a particular add-on will not be able to play on those maps until you buy the GB add-on.

I hope that explanation wasn't too confusing!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Thanks Saddletank,

I think you have hit the problem.

The download of the sprites mod might well have gone wrong. As I recall I only got from the unzipping process a file called 'graphics' which I assumed, seemingly wrongly, embodied the mod and had all the sprites.

I am tied up tomorrow but will go through the unzipping process again on Thursday morning to see if I get a different result. I just hope I don't have to download again. That was the biggest of the three if I remember.

I put in the grog bar simply because I couldn't read at all the minute standard bar.

I think you will know that I have been a fervent Norb fan ever since the very first Bull Run TC days. I have purchased and duly registered every single game ever produced. So I should have no problems with maps on that basis.

Thanks again.