1:1 Sprite Ratio Revealed...Sandbox - Friant vs Cooke SR1

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
1st Texas Sharpshooters
Reactions:

Re: 1:1 Sprite Ratio Revealed...Sandbox - Friant vs Cooke SR1

Post by 1st Texas Sharpshooters »

The Beta Patch kicks in the OOBNamesMod, make sure you have that, not the Matrix version Patch 1. If that doesn't work I'll revert this mod back to the full OOBNames listing which will have to do until things get sorted out with the patches.
Hi Reb,
I use the 1.006a and when I try running the mod without the patches I get the same problem with the names.
I will do some bataillon formation practice untill the naming issue is fixed.
Best regards...
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Does anyone have some screenshots?

Also, I am totally oblivious as how to sprites work, but would it be possible to just shrink the size of the sprites and make one sprite actually 3 men? So same frontage, same sprites, but smaller men, and say 3 men per sprite?

I believe this was done in SMG/SMA for realistic scale mods, which made the men life-size (but look like ants) but it was neat.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Cooke deploys...
The attachment CookedeploysSR1.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
CookedeploysSR1.jpg
CookedeploysSR1.jpg (247.69 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
More Alive
Reactions:

Post by More Alive »

Please excuse the use of cloned names for the French. It appears that Petit was a brigade CO and also was in charge of a regiment with the traditional two battalions. Also, it appears that all French regimental commanders commanded both battalions (within each regiment). I did my online searches, but got nada but regimental commanders, not a battalion leader to be found, or second in command...so help here would be greatly appreciated. I know books are more definitive in this regard, apologizes, but I've got limited resources here in backwoods Arkansas, plus my old eyes don't do well with book learnin' anymore.
Maybe you manage to access this site from Arkansas. I haven't checked Waterloo's but you should have 127 meg of sheer joy:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=253661 Go to blue highlited TMP link then prompted to a pdf file, all zipped. Hope this helps.
Edit: I went through Waterloo's and it doesn't go below Brigade. However this one should help:
http://waterloo-1815.forumactif.com/t33 ... -1er-corps
[Army of the North 1st Corp OOB]; down to the Battalion commander from the 3rd post on. In French, if you need it I can translate it all.
Last edited by More Alive on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.