Toggle on/off all player aids..

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Anderson
Reactions:

Toggle on/off all player aids..

Post by Anderson »

Hi,

It’s all very immersive, very once you get a handle of how to play.

But all those artificial, manmade player aids do intrude hugely. Some can I think be turning off in the options, but ideally you would be able to toggle “all...” of them on/off while in the game. All those hanging objects in the sky, turning golden circles.. fine when needed, but the graphics without them would even more immersive.

Apologies if this already possible.. ;).. may well be but just finding my feet.. :).

All very, very enjoyable..
You lot have done a great job..
All the best,
Kip.
PS. I take control of my units, use Pause when needed, then play as if Napoleonic Combat Mission.. fantastic.. !!
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Toggle on/off all player aids..

Post by con20or »

Hi Kip,

You can turn off road markers, flag markers and context menus in the in-game options - but the other player aids, like flags over the OBJ I do not know if it is possible. It could possibly be modded by removing those graphics files or replacing them with blanks. I know you can do that for the minim-maps - I tried with a blank map one time and lost myself and then lost my corps in the Wilderness in Chancellorsville.

I'll move this to the mod section and you can continue the discussino there once the SDK is released.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Are you referring to the fort symbols? If so, they are toggled off with the T key, but you also lose all of the foliage.

So one could easily create a mod to remove them. The SDK will be out soon, which will allow you to simply remove the graphic entries in the map CSV.
Anderson
Reactions:

Post by Anderson »

Hi,

Thanks.. am grateful to both of you.

Yup.. good to have to data and other files coming. As you say, it’s easy to get lost in such files. My rule is slowly, slowly..

May be back for the odd hint.. ;).

All the best,
Kip.