Some problems

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Sirlion
Reactions:

Some problems

Post by Sirlion »

Reporting here what I said elsewhere.

I have an Intel Corei7 930 2,80 GHZ with 6 GB RAM and a GeForceGTX 750Ti (soon to be replaced with a GTX980). I use Kaspersky as my antivirus and firewall.

- Heavy lag on Army level battles. The game drops to 2 fps. Medium to serious lag at Corps level when the game drops to 30-36 fps (usually is around 40).
- Couriers wait a second before moving to give the orders to my subordinates after they have almost reached them, and my subordinates are moving. They just stop, then move again, then stop... until the unit they have to reach is not moving anymore.
- Battle sounds are all the same (marching, shooting, cannon fire) despite having some variations in the audio files. The result is a horrible mix of the same sound repeated for each unit which creates an "echo" effect that is really annoying.
- The game hangs and then crashes sometimes at random when I select a sandbox battle of "Line of Sight" type. This happens mainly if I select Army level.

And also...

During campaign play the courier system seems to be active. I cant select anything and the only thing that I see in the right window where orders should be, its an enigmatic "courmsg". I suppose it shouldnt be there.

A battalion was happily stuck inside a bridge during some manouvers (happened 4-5 times already)

con20or
Reactions:

Re: Some problems

Post by con20or »

Thanks for the reports.

1. The main cause of low FPS and lag that we have seen has been antivirus software, specifically webroot. Disabling that has removed the problem. Although you have Kaspersky, this would be worth testing once to see if it is the cause.

2. Couriers need to reach the unit to deliver the order - if the unit is moving they will just keep following until it stops, that is unavoidable.

3. I am not sure of the cause of the sound issue - we have not had any reports of sound problems.

4. Line of sight army level is putting 200k + troops within a few 100 yards of each other. I am not surprised it gives problems. Use 'hunt them down' for large battles.

5. Orders are not given by courier on the campaign map - we have no button to do so, although the c key allows you to call the game courier menu up.

6. Am i correct in thinking the rest of that unit with the flag is out of the shot, probably moving through a river? If so, this is unavoidable - the far extents of a line will encounter other objects, but the unit moves at the greatly reduced rate of a unit crossing a water body, therefore looking stuck.
Last edited by con20or on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Some problems

Post by gunship24 »

Are the units actually stuck in the bridge, or just walking through the bridge? It could be a simple adjustment to the bridge 3d model. Would you be able to show us which map and bridge it is (screenshot of the mini map will do)?