Working Hard

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
norb
Reactions:

Working Hard

Post by norb »

The team is really working hard trying to get this game done. We are getting the finite list down to a point where everyone can see where we are going and knows what they need to do to get there.

We have had a few changes to the team recently. John Duquette has decided to leave the team, he currently plans to work on an expansion for the game once it is released. Jim Weaver has stepped into the role of lead designer and Mark Tewes has joined to help with scenario design. I have assumed the role of Producer myself. Team changes are part of the process in developing an independent game. The first two games we made also had team changes, but the important thing is that the game moves on.

We are still on schedule to deliver an awesome game. MP is coming along well, and as you see from the screenshots, the maps are going to look awesome. The art team has also done an amazing job with the units. With the addition of Mark to help with the scenarios, we feel that we have the best people on board to deliver an excellent experience.

We hope to deliver some in game screens as soon as possible. We still have some in game assets to finish first, but as soon as they are done we'll post some more screens.
estabu2
Reactions:

Re:Working Hard

Post by estabu2 »

GREAT NEWS!!! Can't wait for the new screenshots!!!
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Phantom Captain
Reactions:

Post by Phantom Captain »

Yep,

Just excellent Norb!! I am soo looking forward to all this. Can't wait to see the new in game shots too.

The new artwork just looks incredible, both terrain and units. Can't say enough how much I love what you all are doing! B)
Corporal - 49th Indiana Volunteer Infantry, Co. F

In our youth our hearts were touched with fire.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thanks guys. Everyone on the team is working very hard. We have a great group of guys here, everyone compliments everyone else very well.
Joker
Reactions:

Post by Joker »

Yep, I agree, superb job gentlemen !

One question though, couldn't you guys post the new screenshots directly, this way, new people interested can see in an instant what you guys are doing ?

Yeah, I know about the small screen on the left, but that isn't really something that you notice straight of the bat, it's too small imho.
Last edited by Joker on Fri May 02, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

That's what you get when the coder is the only one doing web content. Hopefully this will change someday soon.
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

Just give the coder the day off, but he has to upload some battle screen shots for us!! ;)

The textures, grass, trees, and units all look fantastic. cannot wait for this game to come out. I have not posted muchot on message boards, but have been a loyal gamer of the MMG civil war games. The way this game is looking, may top them all.

Hey Norb, since we now see the units, can you give a blurb of what this game may be about? thanks.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We are going to wait a while longer before we officially announce the content of the game. I doubt that we would change at this point, but until we have a little more meat in the game, we would like to wait. Mostly because it'll bring a lot of questions that we're not ready for yet.

I am actually still hoping someone follows the clue trail and finds it out. It is written in a publicly available location and has been there for a while. I have mentioned that location, although it's not obvious, on this site. I actually did not intend for this to happen, and only realized it myself after a while.

I really hope that it does top them all. It's based off of all the the lessons that we learned while writing TC. I've wanted to do MP for a while now, so I'm glad to finally get that chance.
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

Keep working hard Norb

Sorry but the screenshots are anough for me i cant wait
i like to think theres a santa claus still..
thats all the fun waiting to see whatcha got in the box under the tree..

besides if i tryed to follow a paper trail forget about it..

i would loose my mind if it wasn't attached to my brain :blink:
Last edited by Vonviper on Sat May 03, 2008 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
7th Wisconsin
Reactions:

Post by 7th Wisconsin »

norb wrote:
I am actually still hoping someone follows the clue trail and finds it out.
Should we start a new thread for guesses? ;) Using Sherlock Holmes-ian logic, I think I've got a good one.
Who is John Galt?