Short video from Matrix Games

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
Xaver
Reactions:

Re: Short video from Matrix Games

Post by Xaver »

Well, in your case Lecrop is better call about "squares" :evil:

Better they dont know in what kind of "subculture" forums their "baby" is wanted and waited :woohoo:
Last edited by Xaver on Sun May 24, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Vivire militare est" Séneca

(Life is fight)
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Well guys, I've watched this and the Twitch vid several times now and I'm really impressed. Can't wait to play it out.

The Battlefield looks fantastic the scale and level of historical accuracy is spot on IMHO.

I'm looking forward to seeing the NSD vids when they come out because, although Matrix havn't done a bad job in presenting the main features of the game (as I see it), it is obvious that the guy on the Twitch video wasn't very experienced in handling the game engine and had a lot of difficulty with pathing issued caused primarily by his over use of the line formation in crowded areas.

Please show some footage of a Divisional or Corps attack with no (or limited) micromanagement to demonstrate the greatest feature of the SOW games, which is IMO the ability to give orders to your subordinate commanders and have the AI General carry these out to the best of their abilities (and style). Only then will players new to the concept understand why it will be possible to command such large armies and experience the realism of command.

:)
Last edited by Grog on Mon May 25, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xaver
Reactions:

Post by Xaver »

The best way is do more videos centered in specific game areas, if you try cover all in a single video in the end you see more play time than selling the game features.

I like the idea of use a battalion video to show unit formations and orders (and new features like skirmishers), climb to brigade to show first formation use, then division... corps and finally as the "alpha dog" :lol:
"Vivire militare est" Séneca

(Life is fight)