OOB question

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Xaver
Reactions:

OOB question

Post by Xaver »

Hi, i have a little question about OOB... oposite to ACW engine in SOW you can deploy now skirmishers and use the square formation, my question is if this new features are standar OR they are "atributes" for the units that you can define avaliable for units in the OOB.

My point is that new features open a lot of options to modding BUT at same time if you cant desactivate skirmishers mods like Blemheim could find problems... and i think that assault column formation is another big problem.

Thanks.
"Vivire militare est" Séneca

(Life is fight)
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: OOB question

Post by mitra76 »

Hi Xaver, it is something you can disable from the AI logic
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

The ability to detach skirmishers and to form square are standard for all infantry. The parent infantry can also reattach their skirmishers unlike the Blenheim mod.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Xaver
Reactions:

Post by Xaver »

Thanks for the replies.

Well, i understand that the "special" abilities are something you can disable if you want mod (from a complete mod to a simple custom OOB to use in sandbox mode), thats what i ask.

I dont have the ACW titles, i allways follow them but never find the motivation to buy them (if i buy them i go for the 150th aniversary) because i am not a big fan of ACW (even when my first "wargame" was an ACW title) but with Waterloo title incoming i enter in the forums and see all the mods avaliable for ACW title (1st carlista war WOA!!!) this is why i show interest in how Waterloo title can deal with the units special abilities... curiosly with skirmishers now mod pre Napoleonic period is harder if you cant block the use of skirmishers.

Any way thanks for the reply waiting the game, good luck ;)
"Vivire militare est" Séneca

(Life is fight)