More screens here

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
montecristo1981
Reactions:

More screens here

Post by montecristo1981 »

Hadn't seen these vbefore?

http://www.wargamer.com/Article/10128
Destraex
Reactions:

More screens here

Post by Destraex »

These colours look better from the close ups. However zoomed out screens lack of trees and terrain detail make the game look like the Russian step. Flat and featureless like the moon.
Last edited by Destraex on Mon May 11, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

More screens here

Post by Little Powell »

These colours look better from the close ups. However zoomed out screens lack of trees and terrain detail make the game look like the Russian step. Flat and featureless like the moon.
This is a performance feature (most games do this). When zoomed out, only minimal sprites/objects are drawn to save on memory. Otherwise the game would run like a slideshow.
con20or
Reactions:

More screens here

Post by con20or »

Yes - and your draw distance can also be increased significantly if your PC can handle it. I have all of mine set for 2000 yards for Waterloo and the game runs great even on the big scenarios.
Saddletank
Reactions:

More screens here

Post by Saddletank »

I see trees and buildings drawn to the horizon in the first picture. The 2nd and 3rd have a bald hill on the far horizon but when you are in a battle you never look there!

I think the reduction of terrain detail at distance due to computer power limitations is a sensible choice. Go outside and stand on a hill on your average day and with a slight mist/haze the distant features become indistinct and tend to merge into the background.

In a game like this I'd rather the devs spent the extra PC power on tweaking the AI than draw trees and buildings a mile away.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.