Looking for people to play SOW.

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Eddy2015
Reactions:

Re: Looking for people to play SOW.

Post by Eddy2015 »

To further my post above, do you play regular Gettysburg scenarios?
Last edited by Eddy2015 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

I got a small group that plays co-op against the AI. Me and 2 others are the regulars..............the holidays have sort of tossed us off our usual time table of noon EST on Sunday's.

All 3 of us play at the Corps level with a Corps each. But I can always gin up a 3rd div in a Corps if your are more comfortable at that level of play. We mainly have cameras set at 700 meters setting just because we like to see what is happening after the AI wipes one of us out.

Our battles are usually open ended time limit and a usual game time of almost 4 hours. We use the scenario generator (well I do) to set up our battles. Usual is about 60,000 of us versus 80,000+ for the AI.

If interested, shoot me a PM here and I will try and get you set up to join us. Bear with us as the holidays have blown our schedules out of the water a bunch. We use Flag and Bugle mod XIII (only because we had some issues with the newest version we have not sorted out yet). We all have every Matrix release plus Lynchburg loaded up and a ton of maps.

Also we use courier in game but have been known to just in game chat just because and such. We slacked a bunch on the courier just because the messages can be hilarious when a Reb Corps appears in our rear area unseen.
Last edited by 2ndAcr on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

To further my post above, do you play regular Gettysburg scenarios?
No. All of our scenarios, whether Napoleonic or ACW, are purpose-built. And we only very rarely replay them.

Not knocking the stock scenarios at all. NSD have put a lot of time and effort into making them good.

It's just that we like to put ourselves as far as possible in the shoes of the real generals. An example is realistic fog-of-war. Its difficult to have that if the players know the scenario, and have perhaps already played it SP.

Regards

Martin
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Geez! What is ACW? Though you had forgot about it. Waiting hopefully!!!!!!!

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Hey Jack

I can see it must all have tried your legendary patience :)

Yes hopefully in the next few weeks, subject to gaps in the calendar. I want to give Digby first option in case he has Peninsular War campaign battles to fight. First up may be something very different - a cavalry raid scenario, set in the Appalachians in early 1863.

Martin
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

LOL, if there's one thing Jack likes less than Napoleonics its ACW with cavalry!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Well he can always dismount them :lol:

Actually there may be some infantry too.

Martin