Promotion required for tutorial one.

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Grognard Pierre
Reactions:

Promotion required for tutorial one.

Post by Grognard Pierre »

I am (I guess) at an intermediate level; there is a great learning curve for this awesome game. I have achieved a promotion in about 8 scenarios so far and have set myself the goal of the coveted Generals badge. Hence I need a promotion in all the scenarios, and presumably all the tutorials also.
Looking back I noticed that I have not been promoted for tutorial one.
I have played through this tutorial twice more recently, purely to achieve the promotion, but this does not seem to occur. Despite completing all the tasks and having the box say that the tutorial is complete I cannot get this promotion.
Seems a bit silly, am I missing something here? I am not even sure how the tutorials are scored.
Thanks in advance for any help / advice.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Promotion required for tutorial one.

Post by Little Powell »

I think you only need 90 points to be promoted on the first tutorial, and it's pretty much impossible not to score that many. So not sure what's going on here. But if you send in your highscore and you've been promoted on all the other scenarios, I'm sure you'll earn your stars. :)
Grognard Pierre
Reactions:

Post by Grognard Pierre »

Oh, silly me. I ran the tutorial again and paid closer attention to the VP's.
At 10 VP for each objective except for the last one which is worth 50 points.
I guess on the previous tries the tutorial had ended without my achieving the final VP location points. Perhaps I did not have enough men within the radius even though I had triggered the "end of tutorial" box. Anyway, happier now that my scores are tidy. Back to the fighting.
mani
Reactions:

Post by mani »

Tip...while you're holding the 1st objective, get a unit forward and up the ridge to the fence line. Enemy troops approaching obj 2 will then have to halt and engage. This also helps set up holding obj 3.