Scenario Generator for Scourge of War

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Leffe7
Reactions:

Re: Scenario Generator for Scourge of War

Post by Leffe7 »

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I'm working on a small update to the Scenario Generator.
- More minimaps: Adding all the Red River Campaign maps. I will also include the 10 mile maps (but the grid will still be 5x5 sectors, so they will be quite large).
- New supply wagon toggle: IMHO the scenarios sometimes include too many supply wagons and these might spoil a hidden flanking manouvre, so I will add a toggle to disable all supply wagons from a scenario.
- OOBs: The Napoleonic OOBs will be upgraded to make them compatible to the KS Napoleon mod 1.65.

Regards
Stefan
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

Love the Scenario Generator now that I got a good hang of using it. Quick question, we played a scenario I built last night, one of my players would like to play the scenario again in solo mode, I created a folder to transfer all the battle files to him (copied them into new folder) but any clue where he might put the files to make them playable for him?

Or will he need to download the scenario generator and then copy those files into it's folder?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

He needs to put your scenario folder in the \Work\Scenarios folder. The folder you send him must have the 6 files the scenario generator creates; battlescript.csv, intro.txt, maplocations.csv, scenario.ini, scenario.csv and screen.txt.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

Cool, thanks. I been messing with it trying to figure out where to put her. Thought of adding her to the Bonus Scenario pack from the mods. I opened those up and saw what files needed to go in. Just could not figure out the exact folder.

Thanks much
Leffe7
Reactions:

Post by Leffe7 »

Update to v3.0!
See posts #1 - 4 for details.
Wales
Reactions:

Post by Wales »

YES you can add 10 mile map to the Scenario Generator, and am to assume any other map you wish. One must have Excel, a part of the Microsoft office package. Or have someone with Excel edit generator ,then load edited generator from them. With Permission of Creator.
Jugjock
Reactions:

Post by Jugjock »

Hello, Leffe7!

You guys just blow me away with your talents and imagination!

Forgive me for a small nit-pick, but I thought you'd want to know: Please correct the spelling of "Cemetary" on the Gettysburg map example above, it should read - Cemetery. If it's already been corrected, than my apologies for missing the correction.

Thanks for a great effort by the entire NSD Team.

Chris
Last edited by Jugjock on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Jugjock - Leffe7 makes this tool entirely in his own time. He created it before he joined the NSD team and is improving it as a community tool - not an NSD tool ;)
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

great job!!
Jugjock
Reactions:

Post by Jugjock »

Saddletank - Thanks for pointing out Leffe7's effort. I'm new to SOW and didn't realize he was solely responsible for the scenario generator; a generous gift to us all. Thank you, Leffe7!