New Version for SP and MP

Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: New Version for SP and MP

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Tonight MTG and I were playing French vs Austrians on one of the Pipe Creek Maps and one of MTGs dragoon squadrons went foaming-mad out of control and captured two Grenzer battalions and routed a third in one charge. It lost 140 men but killed and captured 1,300. It really was spectacular!
Once you turn the cavalry loose in a target rich environment they are completely beyond human control. They will continue slaughtering the poor infantry until they either run out of nearby targets or rout from the field themselves. In this regard, they behave exactly as described in battle reports from that period. As Jack says, timing the use of the cavalry is critical. They do their best work against already wearied troops. Still there is nothing quite like watching your dragoons leave a trail of dead and broken infantrymen in their wake. :evil:

It does point out the enormous disadvantage the AI labors under in not knowing about the square formation. That battle would not have been quite the romp it was had a human been in charge of the Austrians. Squares really take all the fun out of being a cavalryman.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Anthropoid
Reactions:

Post by Anthropoid »

Just installing now and looking forward to giving it an SP whirl.

Assuming I can get up to speed with it, would be quite keen to try an MP coop or even PVP. Anybody still playing this mod?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Yes, the Napoleonic mod for MP play is still popular over at the Kriegspiel Group site.

We use HITS and couriers as well.

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

do we still need to delete or re-name the logistics folder in Road2War ?? thanks...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

If you're using the KSNapMod, yes. Otherwise, no.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

- don't we need to use KSNapMod? (all instructions I've read here say it's a "must")
- and, when you say "KSNapMod" can I assume you're actually talking about the KSNNapMod Lg and Sm mods, correct?
Last edited by JohnVW on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You can play the Road 2 Wagram & Peninsular mod on its own. You will need the logistics folder mod activated with it as I explained in the other thread.

However the KSNapMod in both its Large and Small versions is an addition to the R2W&P mod and makes the game a very, very much better portrayal of Napoleonic warfare. I do strongly recommend it, I was only answering your original question accurately.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

thanks, thought so...now i'm trying to figure out why (on 1920x1080 screen res) the clock freezes when I view the map, and that's why troops aren't moving...because "time has stopped" !!! :-)