GCM not working

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

GCM not working

Post by Bloody Bill »

Hello, I went to update my GCM last night and I got this error.

Updater.exe not found please reinstall GCM.

I went to the page to get GCM and all it says when I try to DL GCM is DL failed page not available at this time.

Any help would be great.

Bloody Bill
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: GCM not working

Post by Saddletank »

That sounds to me like Garnier's server is offline. I'd wait and try again in a few hours.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

Post by Bloody Bill »

Thanks. Sorry for posting in wrong spot. Still same issue 12 hours later ill just try again in a few days.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

It works for me right now -- it may have been down yesterday though, I don't know.
http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/home/download
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

Post by Bloody Bill »

I still cannot get it to work. Is it possible to get the launcher through a different link?
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Does www.sowmp.com load for you?

I'm trying to figure out which website you're not able to access. Which browser are you using?
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

Post by Bloody Bill »

@ Garnier, when I click the button to run or save the GCM launcher I get an error that says server is down. When that does not happen I get an error saying failed to DL file. I can DL other files no issue and I have never had an issue here before.

I went to click my desktop updater for the GCM and got an error that said updater.exe not found(never had that issue before) So I went to reinstall the GCM and for some reason cannot. I am sure there is an issue on my end I just cannot figure out what it is yet. If I could get the DL in another link or drop boxed perhaps that would work. I am really wanting to get into the SOW MP community and am not have a good transition so far.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

It's not getting the launcher that's the problem. You already have the launcher, it just doesn't work because you can't connect to the server.

What happens when you try to go to www.sowmp.com, and what happens when you try to go to www.sow.philipmcg.com?

If I know which server you can't connect to it might help. We have someone whose IP is frequently blocked from www.sow.philipmcg.com -- though I can't actually fix that particular problem.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

It's not getting the launcher that's the problem. You already have the launcher, it just doesn't work because you can't connect to the server.

What happens when you try to go to www.sowmp.com, and what happens when you try to go to www.sow.philipmcg.com?

If I know which server you can't connect to it might help. We have someone whose IP is frequently blocked from www.sow.philipmcg.com -- though I can't actually fix that particular problem.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

Post by Bloody Bill »

I can access both servers but when I click the GCM button to DL I get this:

www.sow.philipmcg.com
504 Error

It appears the website you are trying to visit is having technical difficulties or is no longer available