Ultimate General: Gettysburg Beta Gameplay .

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
marcin1983
Reactions:

Ultimate General: Gettysburg Beta Gameplay .

Post by marcin1983 »

con20or
Reactions:

Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg Beta Gameplay .

Post by con20or »

I really have high hopes for this game - but is that video sped up?

The enemy advance and the first line is overrun in about five seconds. The second line is overrun in about 10-20 seconds? I cant imagine having even selected and moved more than one or two units in that time.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

This game sort of reminds me of Fields of Glory roughly twenty years ago, although it looks a lot better.

I wonder why they decided to go with the mob-attack-maneuvers instead of keeping the regiments and brigades together in formation.

Thanks for posting the video!

But, for me the SOWGB is the only Civil War Game that I’ll be playing for a long time!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah it looks like a really pretty Sid Meier's Gettysburg. Still worth checking out though. Looks fun.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Two hours of fighting was covered in 9 minutes. The brigades seem to cover too much ground - have too big a frontage - on the map. A fun looking game but the cartoony graphics make it hard to take it seriously.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
richfed
Reactions:

Post by richfed »

I like it - what I see so far, anyway. It does remind me of Sid Meiers, though greatly improved. For these old eyes, I can [it would appear] manage the field better because more is visible and clear to me. Looking forward to it and trying it out.

I enjoy the larger "campaign"-type battles, and though I support SOW and purchase all their Civil War stuff, I really can't play them. This is like SOW lite! [for old fogeys]

Currently, I am a Ageod fanatic --- playing a slower paced strategic game.
Last edited by richfed on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin809
Reactions:

Post by Calvin809 »

I watch the forums quite a bit and have asked about the long pauses in the battles followed by volleys. Apparently the loading bar at the top of the screen decides when the brigades fire so there is really no firing at will for individual soldiers represented. I think the developers went the tablet game route so they made a lot of decisions to dumb the game down for tablets to handle. I'm hoping they will do something more for the computer version but I'm not banking on it.

I have to say I do like their smoke effects and cannon effects though, they are very nice. :)