Chancellorsville - No trees anywhere!

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Chancellorsville - No trees anywhere!

Post by Davinci »

Chamberlain - Hey, how is the weather up there?

Question - I just re-read some of the problems that people were having with the Install, so the question is..... Don't you have to Install the Patches separately?

So if someone is currently at 1.4 - shouldn't they first Install 1.5 and then 1.6?

Or has that changed, and they only have to install the 1.6 version patch.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Davinci,

It has been cold as ice here the last week or so and will continue into next week !!!!

No, the 1.61 patch should include all prior patches, so they only need 1.61

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Bloody 8th
Reactions:

Post by Bloody 8th »

Ok I downloaded that new 1.6.1 download and tried it again and no trees. Is there another step after the download that I need to do?
Bloody 8th
Reactions:

Post by Bloody 8th »

Ok I figured it out. My shortcut on my desktop is for the old version even though everything downloaded to it. When I went into the new Matrix folder after I downloaded the new version I loaded the game through the folder. When I did that my screen resolution was a little different but... Chancellorsville had all its trees. Thanks guys. Maybe let that little tip be known to others. Sheer luck I found it because I was just clicking on things.. LOL

Another question I downloaded Prairie Ridge and the flowers are huge and some trees are floating. Any ideas?
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Bloody 8th,

Disable Prairie Grove in Modifications when using Pea Ridge or the graphics will be skewed and vice versa, disable Pea Ridge when using Prairie Grove ...fix coming soon, see RebBugler's post :

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... ppi-finale

Chamberlain

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Bloody 8th
Reactions:

Post by Bloody 8th »

Thank you
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Bloody,

I just remembered an update that RebBugler had fixed the Prairie Grove conflict, check it out

See this link :

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... nale#60979

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bloody 8th
Reactions:

Post by Bloody 8th »

Can I take the new Gettysburg Matrix file and put it in the NorbSoft one? That way I don't have to move any files over to it. Or should I take my mods and move them over to the Matrix file?
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Can I take the new Gettysburg Matrix file and put it in the NorbSoft one?
Sure - if you want to go through everything that you just went through to get the game to work.

Correct Answer - NO , probably not!
That way I don't have to move any files over to it. Or should I take my mods and move them over to the Matrix file?
I would advise you to move them over into the Matrix game.....but do them one at a time and test each one of them after you move them.

This way if you run into a problem, you know that it was the last mod that you moved over into the Matrix game.

You can keep the original Install of the NorbSoftDev installed without it causing any problems.

Good to hear that you are back up and running!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Bloody 8th
Reactions:

Post by Bloody 8th »

Glad to be back... I took about eight months off due to work but now I am back.

Question about Red River..
1st I love it....
2nd I only play for the South but it seems very very easy and I crush the enemy. Is it because of the difficulty setting or is it more favorable to the Confederates? I have noticed that the South usually has more soldiers.