Whats Next?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Re: Whats Next?

Post by IronBMike »

That's unfortunate! They are adding tons of great features...and a campaign level of play!!!!
Sound cool! How about use them for Shiloh, Chickamauga, Seven Days.... I just don't have any emotional connection with the Napoleonic Wars and thus won't get as much satisfaction from war gaming them.
I guarantee there will be ACW mods for it.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Funny how it's following the SMG path so neatly.

Gettysburg
Antietam
Waterloo
...next up Austerlitz? :laugh:
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Funny how it's following the SMG path so neatly.

Gettysburg
Antietam
Waterloo
...next up Austerlitz? :laugh:
:laugh:

Completely not intentional.. Pure coincidence.

But you forgot Chancellorsville. :P
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

Fun Fact: If you watched the podcast you'd know waterloo was the first commercial release Norb worked on professionally.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

I was hoping more Civil War battles- I would like to see Chickamauga- any chance?
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

I look forward to those. I'd just prefer an ACW release with Napoleonic mods.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I look forward to those. I'd just prefer an ACW release with Napoleonic mods.
That's what you already have. Isn't it fair on those who have an interest in Napoleonic warfare to have Norb tackle that subject?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Kondor999
Reactions:

Post by Kondor999 »

Just read the Waterloo Announcement over at Wargamer.com!!!!

Words cannot express how excited and pleased I am, since I was begging for this in this very thread.

The splendor of the Napoleonic era (and the fact that shock cavalry actions are still very important) will reach out to a whole new group of wargamers (especially in Europe, I would think).

Waterloo, unlike many famous battles, is actually one which could have gone either way - and so is a fine place to start. I've never tired of it, and know each of its landmarks by heart at this point. I am very much looking forward to seeing what these fine developers can accomplish, as they have created the definitive grand tactical ACW game, and I feel are likely to do so again with Napoleonics.

Happy. Very Happy.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We've had a ton of support from European gamers that have patiently waited for us to cross the pond. They have supported our games for years. So it was the right time to give them what they've been asking for.
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

Though I may not purchase Waterloo right away (I am in college), I think doing Waterloo is a brilliant step for Norb. Like many here, I am a huge ACW buff. I know little about the strategy of previous wars and typically like to stick to the ACW, but I think Waterloo will be a great change of pace, both bringing in many new customers and giving the current community an entirely new experience. I'm sure it will be a fantastic game regardless of whether or not you care for that era, which you should because it's the precursor to the ACW :)