Whats Next?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Whats Next?

Post by KG_Soldier »

SOLD!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

+1

:woohoo: :laugh: :blink: :woohoo: :woohoo:
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Destraex
Reactions:

Post by Destraex »

SOLD! Assuming I can COOP vs the AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's the ETA?

For uniform info I own most of these and they are amazing
http://livres.histoireetcollections.com ... -wars.html

Last edited by Destraex on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

ETA seems to be in time for the Waterloo 200th anniversary which is June 18th 2015. This is a good business decision I think, there is a huge market in Europe of Napoleonic players, for example there's still 100s of dedicated fans playing Napoleon: Total War even now, 4 years after it was released. The TWC forums are very active, plus there's a lot of people who play Histwar as well.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Yes, this is a huge jump into the right pond.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

Waterloo?....Not interested
Last edited by kaschykb on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Waterloo?....Not interested
That's unfortunate! They are adding tons of great features...and a campaign level of play!!!!
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I'll try to keep an open mind, but my first response is:

Meh.

I read a lot about the battlefield tactics of the Napoleonic Wars when I was younger, but since then have been focused on the Second WW, and some on the US Civil War, which is why I came to this game (the ACW part).

But I can see reaching out to a larger audience, and there is an almost an endless variety of battlefield settings to choose from, most of which aren't forested. Yaa.

Nice screen shots. Almost photo-realistic.

Until seeing them, I wasn't aware that lime green trees were indigenous only to the battlefields in the eastern US.
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

That's unfortunate! They are adding tons of great features...and a campaign level of play!!!!
Sound cool! How about use them for Shiloh, Chickamauga, Seven Days.... I just don't have any emotional connection with the Napoleonic Wars and thus won't get as much satisfaction from war gaming them.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Even for those of us who prefer the american civil war, it will probably be feasible to mod civil war into it. Porting or creating graphics may be a lot of work, but if there are substantial improvements to the gameplay engine / mod-ability, then I would expect a civil war mod to make use of them.

Either way it will expand the audience a lot which means more people modding and playing SOW which is good for us. :)

Really like the comments at the end of the podcast where Jim mentions the shift in priority toward engine improvements for modders over content expansions. (If I heard that right. Anyway, I probably won't be getting on the modder soapbox again after what they've done with SOWGB -- they basically opened everything up to modding for which I'm very grateful.)

They are adding tons of great features...and a campaign level of play!!!!
That is not promised. Making a campaign system is a huge effort that would mean fewer improvements to the battle engine. I won't be surprised or disappointed if this isn't included in the initial release, but I assume it'll happen eventually. Not that I know anything, I'm just saying we shouldn't set ourselves up for disappointment. (Which happens with most games that generate hype for years before release.) We already have a great game, so whatever comes will only be an improvement.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign