help with Brickyard lane scenario

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: help with Brickyard lane scenario

Post by RebBugler »

I do not always TC them bc I thought the AI was intelligent, and not stupid.
I promised myself to stay out of these HELP sessions, still, maybe I can stay calm here, and at least provide some good feedback.

The AI's strong suit is offensive strategy, and, it actually gravitates to good cover at times. However, defensively, it is a work in progress. We have several features submitted to address this issue, such as, locking to good cover, walls, etc., and wrapping along fences and walls, with a broader spectrum of efficient fire while wrapped.

Please be patient. In the meantime, for best results defensively, place your regiments on good cover as your brigade CO is TC'd. Once all regiments are engaged, TC off your CO and he will then be useful in supporting the regiment that is under the most stress. Watch your regiments, if they become unengaged, they may wander away from the cover you have provided, usually in the aid of an overwhelmed fellow regiment. So, the AI is intelligent, it just needs an intelligent player to know and adjust to it's strengths and weaknesses.

Hope I didn't inflame anyone with this information...carry on General.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

mantrain wrote:
I do not always TC them bc I thought the AI was intelligent, and not stupid.
Overall the AI is a far better general than most players, even you. You require the crutches of an aerial view, most likely with the terrain turned off and instant communication. In other words, you are fighing the AI with 21st century techniques. The AI does his fighting from horseback where the fastest communication travels via a horse. See the difference? If not, set the difficulty to historic and try your hand against the AI on equal terms. You'll still have the advantage of instant communication to individual regiments. See if your command lasts more than 30 minutes in combat. Then report to us how stupid that AI is after it cleans your clock.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
johnd5555
Reactions:

Post by johnd5555 »

Well... newbie that I am, I am having trouble with this scenario. At one go around, I stayed put, doing my obedient hold the location thing... ended up totally out of the battle, but held in place, and repelled what little attack came though.... defeat.

Then ventured to stone walls and held, but got two routes on the hill, but still held the hill, and stone wall guys did great.... defeat.

again, held hill, flanked where I could, held hill, with minimal losses, but weak attacks coming.... defeat.

I am a bit baffled... any words of wisdom here ?? thanks for whatever direction might be forthcoming
John D
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

You must not be holding the objective. Make sure it stays lit the whole time with at least 100 men within it's 100 yard radius. Keep your troops on walls and fences, don't venture out or you're likely to meet your doom. :woohoo:
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oops
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...