Windows 8 Issues

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
rbuck
Reactions:

Windows 8 Issues

Post by rbuck »

Just got windows 8.1 and when I load the game there are no words on the landing screen at all. I have deleted and downloaded a few times and the same thing happens. I was just about to order every other game that follows the initial release as I just came into money to spend on gaming, but glad I didn't get too carried away until I figure this out. What can you tell me about compatibility with Windows 8.1?

(Please have a fix for it as I want ALL the games and I LOVE Gettysburg. It worked just fine with my Windows 7 but I can't back to that at this point).

Thanks,
Robert Buck :)
"If this cause, that is dear to my heart, is doomed to fail, I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy and my arm battling for that which I know is right."
Major General Patrick R. Cleburne before his fatal wound at the battle of Franklin, Tennessee.
ird1968
Reactions:

Re: Windows 8 Issues

Post by ird1968 »

Hi. Have a look at this thread to see if it's the same issue

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/techni ... ics-skewed

It tells you how to correct it. I had the same problem but once I ran it in XP comparability mode the problem was resolved
rbuck
Reactions:

Post by rbuck »

Ahhhhh didn't think to run it in XP compatibility mode. Will give that a try now.... Thanks B)
"If this cause, that is dear to my heart, is doomed to fail, I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy and my arm battling for that which I know is right."
Major General Patrick R. Cleburne before his fatal wound at the battle of Franklin, Tennessee.
rbuck
Reactions:

Post by rbuck »

You are a brilliant man! It works if I change the mode. Thanks so much!
ird1968
Reactions:

Post by ird1968 »

Glad I could help someone. Guys on this forum have helped me out with problems. And nobody should be deprived SOW