What sort of MP game are you more interested in having? (Polls have been disabled for this section)

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

What sort of MP game are you more interested in having? (Polls have been disabled for this section)

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I normally do not play MP for the simple fact on how people treat each other. I for one am more geared toward enjoying Scourge of War where everyone can do as they please. No one gives orders, and everyone uses their own command style to play the game. When the game is played with people who just want to have a good time, and enjoy what SOW offers are the type of people I enjoy playing MP with.

Unfortunately, this is not the way of any MP gaming community. There will always be those who wish to take control, have you play the game their way, and if you don't they will tear you a new one, and humiliate you in front of others which is why I walked away from even taking part in any of SOW's online games. I have only had about three MP games since version 1.0 of SOWgb, all which I enjoyed thoroughly, but was heavily put off by the squabbling, internal bickering, and bullying that took place.

So, this brings me to type the title of the poll (disabled), which would you rather?

#1: A SOWgb MP game fully Controlled?
#2: A SOWgb MP game just for the enjoyment of playing with no expectations, no bickering, and no humiliation?

Later Guys.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottishsoldier
Reactions:

Re: What sort of MP game are you more interested in having? (Polls have been disabled for this section)

Post by scottishsoldier »

Check out "Command Simulations" at the TC2M site. Great fun, and a small but very friendly community. Not multiplayer, but the best we could do before multiplayer was possible, and the concept works, and has grown.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Re: What sort of MP game are you more interested in having? (Polls have been disabled for this section)

Post by RDBoles »

Hey Mike, I feel your pain a little. Unfortunately the Utopian MP games don't exist nor will they ever in this life. The best you can do is locate some friends you know or online friends and organize your own group. Remember birds of a feather flock together. Time is my only big buggaboo. The big crowds are when I'm doing homework with the kids, or getting them ready for bed. So I don't get involved with the current mp crowd. But will sometime in the near future. Good hunting.
Move Forward
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Mike has obviously not played in any of the kriegspiel guys' games.

No open communications allowed.

There is a chain of command.

They are not infested with win at any cost individuals (only MTG). :woohoo:

The focus is on the game, not individuals.

The games are HITS, so maybe that's why he hasn't tried one out.

I enjoy the heck out of the KS, HITS games and play them whenever I can. But I also enjoy the rough-and-tumble GCM games. You just have to accept that there will be different personalities in every MP community. As I have posted before. . . the mute button on TS is your friend.
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the bit about Kevin
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Mike has obviously not played in any of the kriegspiel guys' games.
Sorry for taking a bit to get back to you folks, I was up to my neck in something that didn't smell good.

Your 100 percent right KG. I was invited a while back, but I never had the time to get around to it. I have registered with the forum, but something shiny, and new caught my eye (Dayz).
No open communications allowed.

There is a chain of command.

They are not infested with win at any cost individuals (only MTG). :woohoo:

The focus is on the game, not individuals.
Now I didn't know that, I thought it was full TS, and the structure was similar to GCM which is one of the cowardly reasons I shied away (among others).
The games are HITS, so maybe that's why he hasn't tried one out.
Your absolutely right.

I enjoy the heck out of the KS, HITS games and play them whenever I can. But I also enjoy the rough-and-tumble GCM games. You just have to accept that there will be different personalities in every MP community. As I have posted before. . . the mute button on TS is your friend.
That is very true, but being humiliated in the past has just poisoned me to attempt joining in. Unfortunately the friends I have are either into Dayz, or Minecraft (very good game), and not so much into Command Simulations, and besides, their morons to play with. :lol:

Cheers, and thanks KG_Soldier. BTW, what does KG actually stand for?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hey Mike, I feel your pain a little. Unfortunately the Utopian MP games don't exist nor will they ever in this life. The best you can do is locate some friends you know or online friends and organize your own group. Remember birds of a feather flock together. Time is my only big buggaboo. The big crowds are when I'm doing homework with the kids, or getting them ready for bed. So I don't get involved with the current mp crowd. But will sometime in the near future. Good hunting.
I hope you find the time to play MP, and your totally correct, there is no way to find a real good MP community in this lifetime. The children always come first no matter what but you'll have your chance when they grow up, and move out (haaaa).

That is so true, having people that have the same MP values goes a very long way, unfortunately my friends play Dayz, and Minecraft, and they are pretty much morons to play with... Very competitive sad to say.

What gets me why do people have to be so bloody competitive anyway, I mean your there to have fun, and take time off from your daily chores.

Cheers RDBoles.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Check out "Command Simulations" at the TC2M site. Great fun, and a small but very friendly community. Not multiplayer, but the best we could do before multiplayer was possible, and the concept works, and has grown.
Command Simulations? What exactly is it?
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Yes, in the Kriegsspiel games we send our insults via courier, and for some reason these couriers never seem to get through :)

I play in this group not for the fact that there is no heated competition but because I like the HITS mode gameplay. A little misbehaviour would not bother me, though, but I expect individuals who are inclined to aggressive outbursts would either start feeling unloved and or their Karma would soon find balance in the serenity and good will of our games :laugh:
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Yes do try one of our kriegsspiel games Mike. As KG_Soldier and Grog have said, the games really are played in a good atmosphere. Plenty of humour too.

Martin
scottishsoldier
Reactions:

Post by scottishsoldier »

Command Simulations? What exactly is it?
Check out the TC2M forum. One player plays, sometimes as both sides ( which can be done) on the basis of orders given by players in a chain of command, and reports the position/developments in a turn based way, with screenshots from the vantage points of the players characters ( usually Brigade/Division or Corps commanders.) It is done by e-mail, with a relaxed tempo, usually a turn a week, so there is scope for the players to confer and plan before the next set of orders goes in. There might be two armies of up to six or seven players or so, Army Commander, two Corps of two Divisions, or even more. The players only see screenshots and are given reports from their subordinates, and sometimes rough sketch maps as if prepared at the front. A lag between the reports and the in game action simulates fog of war. It only needs an hour or so a week to write orders and assimilate reports and confer with your team, but it is a very interesting distraction.

Lots of info on the TC2M site, and sims are running at present. All very relaxed and friendly.