Gettysburg Entry-level Brigade Scenario Pack

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Re: Entry-level Brigade Scenario Pack

Post by Armchair General »

Got it, thanks.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Got it, thanks.
Your welcome. What I should have done is renamed the Day 3 OOB for this package, then there wouldn't be any conflict issues. That's one of the couple of issues I want to fix eventually with this pack. Hopefully I can get around to it after Antietam. There is also an issue or two in the Bonus Scenario pack that I'd like to fix. So much to do, so little time. :)
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

just had a bash at the first two scenarios (no time for the third,gotta go to work!),exellent work.
might i suggest you consider doing a few more of these?
they really help the type of gamer who may have played total war games ad infinitum and then gets a real shock when trying to play either of these games.

as has been said elsewhere this game is actually not an rts its a 19thc war simulator and playing total war games in no way prepares you for this!

however i belive a few more smaller scenarios like this to 'break 'em in gently' may well entice more players into the game,it has with mates of mine who having tried your scenarios on my machine and been successfull in combat now want to buy the full game.
anyway,just my two penneth and thanks again.
cheers
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yea I definitely plan on releasing more of these. I'm planning to do an updated Gettysburg pack, then I will do an Entry-Level Brigade Pack for Antietam. Most of the Antietam scenarios are for experienced players, so I think a brigade pack will come in handy for the new players.
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I have been meaning to update this for a while and just got around to doing it.

Download link updated to version 1.5

This fixes a potential issue with "The First Shot" scenario that would cause the Rebel forces to stop their advance. This also creates new master OOB's so they will not conflict with other mods.

Important: You will need to delete your old Brigade Scenario Pack folder in mods before installing this one.
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

I just downloaded the replacement scenarios and deleted the old ones, but I am now getting a CTD when I try to load the new scenarios.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Did you delete the whole mod before you installed the new one? You need to delete the entire Brigade Scenario Pack folder in your Mods folder.
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

I thought that I did but it's possible that I missed something
Spartan
Reactions:

Post by Spartan »

Hiya guys

I've just d/l these 3 scenarios and have a very basic question.

I'm trying the first scenario and am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. The courier message tells me to skirmish and not get involved in a full blown situation. There is an objective marker which is protected by a lot of Union infantry, which far outnumber me, and as I cross the first field I encounter a Regiment of enemy infantry!

So my question is what am I supposed to do?

Cheers