Lee at Antietam

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Lee at Antietam

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I attempted to play this scenario a few days ago. I decided that the first thing to do was claim the East Woods. Brought out 3 brigades of Lawton and two of Hood to trample the Bucktails. Jones held the fence along the north side of the West Woods. An hour into the scenario and I decide that this can't go on much longer. I have defeated only 5 brigades of the 1st Corps 10, and taken 3 routed regiments. All my boys are exhausted and badly beaten up. I have only one brigade attempting to halt the drive of Rickett's other two and the remains of the Iron Brigade and three batteries are glaring across Nicamodius Hill at Early and Jones. I decide that I cannot take that rate of casualties much longer and win the game. Game ends.

That scenario is tough. I thought I was onto something when I sent four brigades at the Bucktails, but one got chewed up (Trimble's), Hays was reduced in size by a fair amount, and Hood's brigades were absolutely exhausted. Then the rest of Rickett's showed up (whereas I thought that I had already defeated all of his division, there were so many enemy lines in the East Woods). I guess I'll have to try again.
Hancock the Superb
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Re: Lee at Antietam

Post by Damned Black Hat »

You don't mess with the Bucktails, particularly when they're dug in on good ground. :evil:
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

You don't mess with the Bucktails, particularly when they're dug in on good ground. :evil:
It's good ground................very.................good.............ground !

;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Keep trying. She's a tough one, The Beast.

Conserve your forces, and don't put all of your eggs in one basket.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I take the 13th PA Bucktails out of the mix within the first 20 minutes. ;)
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

They were out of the fight in 10, but they managed to destroy two brigades in the process. Then I had to defeat the rest of that brigade...
Hancock the Superb
General Matt Adler
Reactions:

Post by General Matt Adler »

I have been playing it and A. P. hill doesn't show up at 3:00 pm or 5:00 so when he get up to the battle with his whole division to come up.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I have been playing it and A. P. hill doesn't show up at 3:00 pm or 5:00 so when he get up to the battle with his whole division to come up.
He'll get there. You'll never know exactly when but he will definitely be there.