Scourge for Mac?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Kesto11
Reactions:

Scourge for Mac?

Post by Kesto11 »

I was wondering if the team is considering making SoW Gettysburg for Mac users. I will admit I have no idea how much work this would take, but I for one am saddened that I cannot play at college since I have a Mac laptop (I play SoW on a Windows 7 computer at home).
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Scourge for Mac?

Post by Little Powell »

No immediate plans for that. It would require a complete re-design of the game and that would be too much time away from developing new releases.

However there may be an emulator that could run the game on a Mac. Mikesla would be your man for that. Hopefully he'll chime in.
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

I figured. I'm trying to find someone willing to donate a used windows laptop for my gaming purposes, that would take care of the issue. I don't want to download anything illegally and destroy my computer.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I figured. I'm trying to find someone willing to donate a used windows laptop for my gaming purposes, that would take care of the issue. I don't want to download anything illegally and destroy my computer.
It wouldn't be illegal. WineHQ is one of the free emulators:

http://www.winehq.org/

A Windows PC would of course be your best bet, but I hope the laptop works out. Just letting your know there are options available.
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

I looked at the supported app list and saw sid meier's gettysburg, no scourge though. Would it still be possible to run SoW or does it have to be already supported?

Edit: I've looked at Wine before but am unfamiliar with it's functionality.
Last edited by Kesto11 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

I run it on my iMac in Windows via Boot Camp. Works great!
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

Did you get it for free? Looking to save money instead of spending it :)
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

BootCamp http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/ works well. BootCamp is free with your Mac, but the Windows install it will use is not. However, if you are a student, you should be able to get Windows 8 at the educational discount.
Kesto11
Reactions:

Post by Kesto11 »

Thankfully I found a friend who gave me his old laptop- game runs great on it :)