Whats Next?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Whats Next?

Post by Jack ONeill »

Kondor,

Since you are new here, (1 post), please check out the Napoleonic Mod for this game, which many of us have helped put together. It would definitely wet your appetite. :cheer:

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Kondor999
Reactions:

Post by Kondor999 »

I'll definitely "come and take it"! ;)

Thanks for the info...
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Fredericksburg seems like it would have a severe lack of interesting scenarios./
I disagree. I see potential for A LOT of 'what if' scenarios. Both the AoNV and the AotP were at the peek of their power and present on the field. I think it offers one of the best one v. one straight up army battles in the American Civil War.

Besides, Fredericksburg is already half done. Most of the map is available in Chancellorsville. All that is needed is an extension to the southeast to cover Jackson's position. OOBs are done too.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

I'll give you Fredricksburg might allow for what if scenarios but I'd prefer a strong stock of historical scenarios. Those of interest would be limited to Prospect Hill.

The fact that the map and OOB for Fredericksburg is "half done" would also make the expansion feel "half new." To each their own but a western theatre battle would be all new maps and OOB's. I hope the Shiloh rumor is true.... or Chickamauga, Perryville, Stones River
30th PVI
Reactions:

Post by 30th PVI »

I think the same can be said for the other "half"of a potential map, the Wilderness. I think it would be interesting since we got a taste of the woods limitations in Chancellorsville. I think there would be plenty of historical situations to recreate along with many "what-ifs". What if Burnside had pushed harder in the middle...or what if Gordon had gotten into the union rear. Plenty of options. just my thoughts

~Matt
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

We've got to have McClellan's Peninsular Campaign/7 Days.

Near equal armies.

Several big battles.

Perfect for a carryover campaign game.

Big enough to make it worth buying.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

It would make sense to me that the next addition would continue in the eastern theater. All of the other additions have been built around the theme of Gettysburg/the invasion of the north. Some of us still have TC2M, which did a fine job of trying to knit together Civil War campaigns. I would be pleased with any campaign that is done thoroughly, and I have no objection to other wars being included. However, I think that the new addition would most logically be an extension of the Eastern Theater. The Fredericksburg map is almost done for an extension to that campaign. Shiloh could even be reworked from TC2M; The \battles leading to Vicksburg were fairly well covered, as were the Manassas campaigns. McClellan's campaign would also be a good choice. There are plenty of battles/campaigns to choose from. It's all a matter of maps. Zeke does a great job with OOBs, which is all he's currently allowed to handle.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

The fact that the map and OOB for Fredericksburg is "half done" would also make the expansion feel "half new." To each their own but a western theatre battle would be all new maps and OOB's. I hope the Shiloh rumor is true.... or Chickamauga, Perryville, Stones River
Don't get me wrong, a western battle will be fantastic. And I'm glad Shiloh is in the works---I've been waiting for that since defeating TC2M (sadly, I can't get TC2M to work on my new PC so I can't play the TC2M Shiloh mod). BTW, Stones River would be awesome too. It's perhaps the most overlooked campaign of the war (as was 2M was before MMG came along).

But it terms of quicker turnaround, thematic continuity, and business acumen, Fredericksburg is the obvious "next" choice. An entirely new campaign can take a year or more to produce. So while waiting for these western battles, why not throw us a nice big appetizer? They kind of have to in order to keep the fire under the fanbase kettle stoked.

Edit: Sorry, I suffer from a serious case of typosis. I should make that my signature. :)
Last edited by garyknowz on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

This is a fun topic to read--really enjoy the responses. As I have said before, we can't make any announcements yet on what's next. But I can't wait to read the responses when we do. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbuck
Reactions:

Post by rbuck »

From my avatar you can probably guess I would love to see something in the West. Shiloh would be a great starting spot. And I know this would not be a high priorty campaign but I would love to see Jackson's Valley Campaign done right as only you guys can do it!
"If this cause, that is dear to my heart, is doomed to fail, I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy and my arm battling for that which I know is right."
Major General Patrick R. Cleburne before his fatal wound at the battle of Franklin, Tennessee.