Take Command vs. Scourge Of War

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Re: Take Command vs. Scourge Of War

Post by Ephrum »

While I won't try to speak for IronBMike, I personally agree with his statement. Please don't take this as a criticism of SOW, it's just a personal preference in regards to visual aesthetics. The colors of TC2M are brighter and crisper to my eyes and I like that. Though many may see it as cartoonish - if that's even a word - or as a comic book effect. By comparison, SOW colors look quite faded. But again, it's just my personal opinion and by no means intended as a criticism of SOW or it's overall game experience. Because TC2M is not even in the same league as SOW in regards to the AI. In fact, I don't even play TC2M anymore due to the game AI and it's kamikaze approach to fighting.

SOW whips TC2M on every level, except when comparing the colors. Again, just a personal preference.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hmm, I can't really agree with the color's , but the water-effects in the previous game is way-better than the water-effects in this game.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Yes, what I meant is what was said by Ephrum and Davinci. TC2M is more pleasing on the eyes for those reasons (for me).

Even for something as simple as the toolbar, TC2M is far better than SOW. I don't get why the TC2M toolbar look was abandoned for the out-of-place SOW toolbar.

I don't mean it as a slight to the artists of SOW. You guys did a wonderful job and in a technical sense it is great. But I simply prefer the older palette better. Obviously the SOW AI is light years beyond the TC2M AI.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Ephrum/IronB - About the colors; although I also don't agree, I can definitely see your point. There is a place for the bright, vibrant colors and simpler graphics. Instead of ultra realism, its more of an artistic approach. TC2M is the old generation.. But its still and always will be a great game.

Davinci - There is a list of things that I am pushing for improvement in the map engine. Water certainly looks better than it did in the original release of Gettysburg, but the effects need to be better.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Davinci - There is a list of things that I am pushing for improvement in the map engine. Water certainly looks better than it did in the original release of Gettysburg, but the effects need to be better.
Understood , I know that you are pushing for improvements related to the water-effects, but sadly it won’t make it in this edition of the game.

There is really only two things that I miss from the previous game, one is the water, the other thing is the CommandHeight function. That function would lock the camera to the ground at eye-level, but still allow for free-movement.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Yankee Rebel
Reactions:

Post by Yankee Rebel »

Both of the games visuals are great to me. SOW gameplay is a bit easier than Take Command. I don't have any compaints about either series really.