Bugles & Flags XIX

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Bugles and Flags XII

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks Randy - I love these carryovers.
Much appreciated David! :)

Unlike the stock scenarios where design guidelines are strongly suggested, I get free reign with these mod versions. Also I can integrate new features not available through the stock version. A while back you were having a heck of a time winning CV04-May2-Fire At The Furnace (U-Corps). Curious, did you finally win that one? The reason I bring this up is that scenario had multiple variants (SOW suggested), several of which were extremely Grognard level (RebBugler opted because of the historic nature of the beast). So, if you keep hitting those Grog variants, frustration sets in.

Variants are great for replay value, it's like adding scenarios in a way. But also replay value can be had by building a scenario like a mystery novel...instead of "Who Done It", it's "How Do I Win It". This is my device here, or better said...devices, solve the mystery.

Oh, Post 2000, TA DAAAAA! :woohoo:
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post 2000
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Vossiewulf
Reactions:

Post by Vossiewulf »

Reb, trying to install XII on a new machine, keep getting cannot open this file as an archive in 7z file manager. No issues with opening other 7z files. Any ideas?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb, trying to install XII on a new machine, keep getting cannot open this file as an archive in 7z file manager. No issues with opening other 7z files. Any ideas?
New machine, maybe a Win 8 issue, perhaps someone with Win 8 who has downloaded and installed VII will chime in. Also, check the downloaded size, should be 44.2 MB, if not, bad download. Or, the download may just be corrupted, it happens, download and try again.

This is all I've got, hopefully we'll get it resolved soon.
Vossiewulf
Reactions:

Post by Vossiewulf »

File size is off, only 5.1MB. I downloaded it, deleted it, downloaded again, same deal. Could the DL be corrupted on the server? Also going to try yet one more time.
Vossiewulf
Reactions:

Post by Vossiewulf »

Thanks Reb, third time was the charm. No idea why the file size was off first two attempts, but the third got a complete file and it's installed now.
Last edited by Vossiewulf on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keat
Reactions:

Post by Keat »

I've been checking in almost everyday for the next update and now it's here :woohoo:
Thank you so much for making these, now let's see if I can beat it B)
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I DID eventually 'win' but I can't remember the score after I re-installed everything - must have finally hit an 'easier' variant! ;)
I do remember trying all kinds of tactics/troop movements until I finally hit home.

2000+ posts! You deserve a special medal for that! :)

Please keep up the great work.

David (Jolly)

Thanks Randy - I love these carryovers.
Much appreciated David! :)

Unlike the stock scenarios where design guidelines are strongly suggested, I get free reign with these mod versions. Also I can integrate new features not available through the stock version. A while back you were having a heck of a time winning CV04-May2-Fire At The Furnace (U-Corps). Curious, did you finally win that one? The reason I bring this up is that scenario had multiple variants (SOW suggested), several of which were extremely Grognard level (RebBugler opted because of the historic nature of the beast). So, if you keep hitting those Grog variants, frustration sets in.

Variants are great for replay value, it's like adding scenarios in a way. But also replay value can be had by building a scenario like a mystery novel...instead of "Who Done It", it's "How Do I Win It". This is my device here, or better said...devices, solve the mystery.

Oh, Post 2000, TA DAAAAA! :woohoo:
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Featuring: Scenario, 150th-GB03-July3-GB Day 3, East Cavalry Field (C-Div)

150th GB03 MV.jpg
150th GB03 MV.jpg (306.22 KiB) Viewed 350 times

Introducing:
SouthernIllustrated.jpg
SouthernIllustrated.jpg (73.6 KiB) Viewed 350 times

Bugles and Flags XII Features Patch2

Includes:

-Scenario, 150th-GB01-July1-Gettysburg Day One (C-Army)
-Scenario, 150th-GB02-July2-GB Day Two, Attack en echelon (C-Army)
-Scenario, 150th-GB03-July3-GB Day 3, East Cavalry Field (C-Div)
-New objective graphics
-Two new artillery battalion commands
TC Off_Form Artillery Bn Line
Run_TC Officers
After selecting the 'move to' and 'facing' positions, select these commands (in order) to move artillery battalions more efficiently.
-Updated the Replay screens to display B&F features and functions
-New End Battle screen for the CSA, The Southern Illustrated News
-Casualties now included on the End Battle screen allowing for more informative one screenshot AAR reports
-The right hand article on the End Battle screen is now editable through the Screens.csv file, allowing for quick individual scenario articles
-For each of the 150th edition scenarios a unique picture will display on the End Battle screen
-With the 150th edition scenarios a unique Major Victory picture will display on the End Battle screen
-Fixed General Wofford's flag to the Georgia State flag

Prioritize this patch below and enable along with Bugles and Flags XII. This supercedes the previous patch, please delete or overwrite to avoid issues.

Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:

The attachment BuglesandFlagsXIIFeaturesPatch2.zip is no longer available

For the mod savvy folks this patch can easily be integrated into Bugles and Flags XII, copy over and overwrite the files with the 'same named' patch files, but be careful, don't overwrite folders. Exception, copy the scenarios, which are folders, into the Scenarios folder.
Attachments
BuglesandFlagsXIIFeaturesPatch2.zip
(815.81 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbs
Reactions:

Post by gbs »

I love your work Reb but I am not that savvy and not sure I follow what you want us to do. Are you saying to unzip patch 2 to the mod file and then activate it along with XII? With the patch 2 mod place below?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I love your work Reb but I am not that savvy and not sure I follow what you want us to do. Are you saying to unzip patch 2 to the mod file and then activate it along with XII? With the patch 2 mod place below?
Much appreciated, and yes, unzip and copy to the mods folder, activate and place below B&F in Modifications.