Brandy Station Released

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Brandy Station Released

Post by RebBugler »

On the 150th package-does it install over what I've already got or will it be a separate entity? Hoping for the latter,
The latter it is, if our testing was successful. :unsure:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Well at $9.99 I guess even an old cavalry sceptic will invest. 1.6 and the maps will be well worth that.

Have to wait though till my UK financier returns from vacation. No one trusts Zimbabwe when it comes to money. Paypal doesn't want to know me, even though I have a British Mastercard supported by a British Bank Account. Many accounts just can't be set up since we don't have Post or Zip Codes here.

I just paid $450 for Microsoft Office 2013 and that B********D Bill Gates and his mob then refused to download it here. Perhaps we and Canada have something in common.

Keep 'em coming Norb. A real American Hero.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Jim wrote:
LP was the prime mover on this map so he gets the credit for excellent work in my entirely biased opinion.
The credit is well deserved. I just played a sandbox game using this map and was quite pleased with the rolling countryside and fairly open woods. It made for a fine battle. One interesting event, though. The fight occurred at St James church. The bell tolled during the entire affair. It got on my nerves so I ordered a regiment to go in and shoot Quasimodo. The only problem, no bell tower. So where's the bell?? :S
Yeah well I love the bell sound so much, I couldn't resist.. Gotta add a little artistic conjecture here and there.. The bell would be in the little compartment at the top of the church. And don't forget about the dog bark! :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col D. Streamer
Reactions:

Post by Col D. Streamer »

if we can hear a dog bark surely we should hear some horses neighing as well!
regards to all

Nick
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

if we can hear a dog bark surely we should hear some horses neighing as well!
You can. Listen closely when the horse regiments march. :)
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Some quick screen shots

"Yankees? Nope not seen em!!!"

"Ah there they are!!

"Melee time!!!"

"Darn...them Yankee's have learnt to fight!!"

"At the gallop ....charge!!"

Nice one guys :)

Quick question though where's Alfred N. Duffié's Division? - I know that he came late to the party but the holding action at Stevensberg by Butler and Wickham was an important part of the battle it would also make a nice what if scenario.

The cavalry are far more realistic in their actions charging and counter charging the changes made really have done the trick - highly recommended - I'm also going to buy the 150th anniversary version ;)

Loving the new addition to the game :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

PS love the train station and stock car!

Last edited by Zeke on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Hiya Zeke - Duffie show's up in a couple of the variants (sorry, I cannot at the moment remember which ones). When he does show, and you're the Reb's, he really becomes an annoyance.....but easily defeated. ;)

Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Brick McBurly
Reactions:

Post by Brick McBurly »

On the 150th package-does it install over what I've already got or will it be a separate entity? Hoping for the latter,
The latter it is, if our testing was successful. :unsure:
Right you are, sir. Glad I bought the 150th ann-saved me a lot of time tracking down the horde of mods included and extra scenarios.

By the way, is anyone else having problems registering Brandy Station or 150th Ann on their Matrix account? I keep getting a 'key already used' message for both when I try (and neither show up in my list of games). Not a big issue, but it's convenient having the keys listed on your account if you ever have to reinstall.
Last edited by Brick McBurly on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi Brick ...

I have the same problem. Can't register Brandy Station and the title doesn't show up on my game list.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Brick and Conjotter - Go to Matrix website and email them the issue I had this same issue when I bought Antietam and they sorted it for me :)
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant