150th Anniversary Collection

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
RDBoles
Reactions:

150th Anniversary Collection

Post by RDBoles »

Wow! What a cool thing! Can't wait to get it, Even though I have all that there is at the moment. I'll get both the new Brandy Station and the new 150th Anniversary Collection. So what! I'm a SOW junkie and I can't get enough. I have been playing with all the Nap mods for awhile now, It will nice to get back to the Civil War.
BZ26V
RDBoles
Last edited by RDBoles on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Move Forward
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Re: 150th Anniversary Collection

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Just curious, if you own everything but Brandy Station, what is the purpose for purchasing everything else again? Just to support the developers? Is there anything specifically included in the 150th edition that is not going to be made available to existing versions?
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Truth? I started with a commodore 64 and then got a 286 with windows 3.1. I broke and fixed many computers. I formatted C: so many times My fellow computer friend calls me Format C. I graduated to a 386 and then 486 computer. P5 P6 etc. about 4 years ago my wife said enough so I recycled 21 cases with mother boards 14 monitors and enough stuff to fill one of those big trash bins. While all this was going on I found civil war games beginning with the old SSI games and then to my favorite Talonsofts Battleground series. I found TC2M's game from my civil war magazine. I of course migrated to SOW and here I am. Now having said that the one thing that is constant is that nothing is permanent. So I copy everything and duplicate it all. I run two computers at home and have them both filled up with TC2M and SOW. When I buy computer games off of the internet, I also get the hard copy CD. One of theses days I'll get started on modding. If Perryville is not done soon I'll figure it out my self.
BZ26V
RDBoles
Move Forward
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Just curious, if you own everything but Brandy Station, what is the purpose for purchasing everything else again?
The purpose would be to have the 150th anniversary collection that has a new main menu screen, and several bonus mods (all of them released here except for the Louisiana Tigers). We're not asking folks to buy products they already have. The bonus content is just a little something extra geared towards new customers.

By the way, Brandy Station is out and its only $9.99.

http://matrixgames.com/products/499/det ... dy.Station
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majick
Reactions:

Post by Majick »

Just curious, if you own everything but Brandy Station, what is the purpose for purchasing everything else again?
The purpose would be to have the 150th anniversary collection that has a new main menu screen, and several bonus mods (all of them released here except for the Louisiana Tigers). We're not asking folks to buy products they already have. The bonus content is just a little something extra geared towards new customers.
Hi All,

Although I have all the separate games so far including Brandy Station now, I am still tempted by the collection and have some questions:

Does it add the map based scenario selection which Gettysburg had but the subsequent add-ons didn't?

Do the mods include any of the terrain colour mods which make Gettysburg more realistically coloured? (Subjective I know. I'm talking about GCM Terrain 4 for example)

Assuming such mods aren't included, will they work with the collection or am I stuck with default colouring (at least for now) if I buy it?

Thanks

Jon
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The anniversary collection is setup just like Gettsyburg with all of the expansions installed. So the expansions will be found in the Additional Battles screen, hence no scenario selection map. Although there is a scenario map in PDF format found in the Docs folder for Brandy Station.

Also, a map for the Chancellorsville scenarios can be found here:

http://www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/MattC/cv_scen.jpg

The mods included are all scenario mods (around 50 scenarios) ever released by a team member. Also the Louisiana Tigers sprites, and any of the flag mods released by RebBugler. The GCM terrain (trees crops, etc) would not be included. It does contain the latest patch (1.61) which includes the enhanced the ground terrain done in patch 1.6.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Truth? I started with a commodore 64 and then got a 286 with windows 3.1. I broke and fixed many computers. I formatted C: so many times My fellow computer friend calls me Format C. I graduated to a 386 and then 486 computer. P5 P6 etc. about 4 years ago my wife said enough so I recycled 21 cases with mother boards 14 monitors and enough stuff to fill one of those big trash bins. While all this was going on I found civil war games beginning with the old SSI games and then to my favorite Talonsofts Battleground series. I found TC2M's game from my civil war magazine. I of course migrated to SOW and here I am. Now having said that the one thing that is constant is that nothing is permanent. So I copy everything and duplicate it all. I run two computers at home and have them both filled up with TC2M and SOW. When I buy computer games off of the internet, I also get the hard copy CD. One of theses days I'll get started on modding. If Perryville is not done soon I'll figure it out my self.
BZ26V
RDBoles
The Perryville OOB can be found here my friend :) no map as yet though quite a few other OOBs from the Western theatre including Corinth Richmond and a few others :)

www.norbsoftdev.net/media/kunena/attach ... OOBMod.rar
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant