Syrian Civil War

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Syrian Civil War

Post by Flanyboy »

I've got a new review up of a game that looks at the complicated nature of the Syrian Civil War. The game is called Endgame: Syria on Android and Endgame: Eurasia on iOS. When the game came out on iOS several months ago it created a bit of controversy as Apple refused to allow a controversial game about a subject such as the ongoing civil war to be posted to their app store so the developer had to go back in and change the title and remove all references from the current situation in Syria from the game. That in of itself is a pretty interesting story.

The game is interesting though it's definitely more of a text editor than it is a hardcore game. Still it's interesting to me that this developer has started a series of games called "Game the News" where he is basically making text simulations based on real life events, it's another attempt to make gaming and learning come together. Politics aside I really hope we see more of these educational gaming mixes, as long as the complexities of real life are not white washed because developers fear it wont make an interesting or compelling story.