Should My Game Be Checking For Chancellorsville Updates?

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Brick McBurly
Reactions:

Should My Game Be Checking For Chancellorsville Updates?

Post by Brick McBurly »

I have all four of the SOW games installed (Gettysburg, Pipe Creek, Antietam, Chancellorsville). When I check for updates from the main menu, the game cycles through three screens-one each for Gettysburg, Antietam, and Pipe Creek. However, I don't get one for Chancellorsville. As I understand it's set up differently than the Pipe Creek/Antietam add-ons, is it checking for updates under the Gettysburg umbrella or should I be getting s fourth screen for it?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Should My Game Be Checking For Chancellorsville Updates?

Post by RebBugler »

Unless Matrix Games throws in their own update I don't think this is a concern, for SOW updates all games released with just one patch. The 1.61 patch update should be out soon, and with it's release this engine should be a done deal as SOW will be moving onward to it's next generation engine.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Brick McBurly
Reactions:

Post by Brick McBurly »

Good-Matrix doesn't have the 1.6 patch up yet (I got it off the forum here) and shows nothing for Chancellorsville so I should be fine until the 1.61. I thought I might have an old version and it might be causing my lack of success with manual battery targeting through the commander, but apparently not.

What are the plans for the new engine? Will it be heavy duty enough to make me buy a new computer, or will my year old machine still be good?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Good-Matrix doesn't have the 1.6 patch up yet (I got it off the forum here) and shows nothing for Chancellorsville so I should be fine until the 1.61. I thought I might have an old version and it might be causing my lack of success with manual battery targeting through the commander, but apparently not.

What are the plans for the new engine? Will it be heavy duty enough to make me buy a new computer, or will my year old machine still be good?
I can safely say that the new engine will not demand computer upgrades, or at least it will stay on an even keel with the current engine. I for one would like to see the 64 bit only move allowing for more 64 bit only innovations and bigger battles, but the powers to be insist on staying 32 bit compatible for the time being. I can't elaborate on the new engine, but official announcements are in the works...stay tuned.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Brick McBurly
Reactions:

Post by Brick McBurly »

That's great, since I love the system I have now. Looking forward to the new engine, although I have all four games in the current engine to keep me busy (not to mention Brandy Station incoming...)