Any new features in the works?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Any new features in the works?

Post by garyknowz »

Greetings, all!

Everything seems to be rather quiet on the NSD front. Any tantalizing upcoming features in the cooker, or is work at a pause until further notice? Come on...give us a bone to chew on. But a jerky treat would be better! :)
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Any new features in the works?

Post by con20or »

Greetings, all!

Everything seems to be rather quiet on the NSD front
Something must be occupying us then :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

There's a new map pack coming this summer. As for details on it as well as other major projects, I expect there will be announcements soon. :)
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Greetings, all!

Everything seems to be rather quiet on the NSD front
Something must be occupying us then :)
Indeed. But NSD related or not? ;)

LP,

Thanks, gents. good to hear the franchise is still rolling. It's important to me. I've been following Norb since 2002, before 1st Bull Run was released. I just want him and everyone to know, you have a life disciple in me. I just don't want to see this beautiful opera of a game die.

Looking forward to what is on the horizon. Map pack huh? What can I extrapolate from that? Fredericksburg maybe? Hmmm.
Last edited by garyknowz on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

NSD isn't going anywhere anytime soon.. As long as guys like you keep supporting us, and we thank you for that.

There have been many hints on the board about the next map pack. All I can say is; keep in mind the cavalry improvements that were made in patch 1.6.. Cavalry are a blast to command now, and you'll really get to take advantage of the improvements in the the next map pack.. ;)
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

I'm 95% certain I know what it is. Seems like I read about it in another thread, but I'm not spilling the beans. As always, I can't wait to see it!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

If it helps any, it's awesome.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Little Powell and Con20or need to participate in a Nappy KS game. There you will have a chance to command real cavalry under historic conditions. You'll come away with a new respect of just how powerful and fragile that arm of an army is.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Its hats off to Norb and his team as to how good a game SoW is that it can be modded to the extent Gunship24 has done with the Napoleonic conversion. It is a whole different game completely. Infantry squares work perfectly and fresh heavy cavalry charging shaky infantry in line are just murderous.

Even so, looking forwards to any new products in this series. Been here a long while and still can't get enough of the game.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

I suppose guessing is a moot point now. I would have guessed Brandy Station or maybe Yellow Tavern so I'm not too surprised. It will be interesting. I've never really had much luck or success with cavalry battles (as others have expressed in the other thread). I'm curious to see what changes have been made, and especially the new map! We can never have too many maps. B)