Scourge of War 1.6 Beta Patch

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War 1.6 Patch

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Question - Did the map .csv files change with the patch upgrade or are they the same? I need to know if I have to upgradde my Fence/Wall removal Mod .csv files. Thanks.

Jack B)

Note - Nice job, LP. The maps changes look great. Have fought on a few of them so far. Excellent job. East Cav Field is now my goto map for Nap Mod "Line of Site" battles with smaller OOBs.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I'm not sure why you had to copy over your high score files. Did you do a fresh install? You could have just installed the patch over your old version.
That is what I did. I was on 1.5 (which was allowing me to play all the GB scens) then patched 1.6 beta and the game now blocks me from all but the entry scens in the game.

Note, there are no files in \Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Work\Saved Games\Cont.

It has taken me a good couple of years to complete the GB scenarios and now I have to start over? :dry:

cheers
That is odd. It should not have touched those files. However, I'm going to see if I can replicate your issue. Stay tuned.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

All,

Question - Did the map .csv files change with the patch upgrade or are they the same? I need to know if I have to upgradde my Fence/Wall removal Mod .csv files. Thanks.

Jack B)

Note - Nice job, LP. The maps changes look great. Have fought on a few of them so far. Excellent job. East Cav Field is now my goto map for Nap Mod "Line of Site" battles with smaller OOBs.
The map .csv files did not change. Just the BMP's to fix road errors, and the LSL's to add the new textures.

And thanks for the kind words on the new textures. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I'm not sure why you had to copy over your high score files. Did you do a fresh install? You could have just installed the patch over your old version.
That is what I did. I was on 1.5 (which was allowing me to play all the GB scens) then patched 1.6 beta and the game now blocks me from all but the entry scens in the game.

Note, there are no files in \Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Work\Saved Games\Cont.

It has taken me a good couple of years to complete the GB scenarios and now I have to start over? :dry:

cheers
We just had our testers try to replicate this, and the carryover files were not deleted when the 1.6 patch was applied. I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, but if we can't reproduce the problem, there is nothing we can do to fix it. What we can do is offer suggestions on what could have happened.

I have seen cases of the game getting installed in multiple locations, and other corrupt installs. It is possible the carryover files are sitting somewhere in a bad location. You may want to check your C: Drive (or wherever you have the game installed) for other instances of the game. Then check the Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Work\Saved Games\Cont folder for the missing files. The carryover file(s) in question should end in .NSC

If you have to, you can search your whole computer for any files ending in NSC. If you're on Win 7, you can go to the Start Button, search and type *.NSC and it will bring back any NSC files if you have them.
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

I think you're right, LP. When I installed the Matrix versions to get the patch to work, it installed to C:\Matrix Games\.... My old install was located at C:\NorbSoftDev\..... Found my mods and high scores in the NorbSoft folder, copied them to the proper place in the Matrix Games folder, and all was good. It's also good to know that if you use the installer version of a lot of the mods, the default location is C:\NorbSoftDev\.... so you have to change the location to C:\Matrix Games.... to get them to show up.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

no other files or folders unfortunately.

Well I will have to just restart my attempt to get my General stars then. Only had the cavalry scens to go... darn.

Thanks for looking at the issue though.

cheers Chris
Last edited by voltigeur on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titus
Reactions:

Post by Titus »

Patch seems to work good for me. Thanks guys for the great improvements!!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hey guys, can someone please give me a link to the area of the Matrix site where game owners can redownload the game from them? 1.6 won't install over my NSD-downloaded 1.5001 so I registered my products with them but can't see an owner's download link.

Thanks and apologies for the n00b question.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War 1.6 Beta Patch

Post by Little Powell »

Baldwin
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War 1.6 Beta Patch

Post by Baldwin »

Nvm, same question as Digby. :P
Last edited by Baldwin on Sat May 11, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.